RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

I could be wrong but I don't think that this car has the atlas carbon like previous Audis. Or maybe it's just because it's matt instead of the gloss that's throwing me off.
Like l said only one way find out is to purchase and if it is a exact match all the better .....carbon atlas weave is still available on Current models RS4/S5/RS5/TT/TTS/TTRS/RS6/RS7/RSQ8/SQ5

Coz it doesn't .....why don't you buy one and find out for sure
seller claim its same , you dont without giving example so maybe you buy one and show us its not same ;-)
I could be wrong but I don't think that this car has the atlas carbon like previous Audis. Or maybe it's just because it's matt instead of the gloss that's throwing me off.
On any eu configurator you can see they call it atlas

Not the same
8B764AB7 188E 4FB0 94B3 DF6D47903B16

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mike.46 and Jassyo06
seller claim its same , you dont without giving example so maybe you buy one and show us its not same ;-)

On any eu configurator you can see they call it atlas
Why would l buy one when l aint got the car yet Ya Plank......anyway how much is it

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Im.sure they can put carbon same.way its for lhd
i think you make it up as you go along....the carbon inlays in my tt ran in 2 different directions......doesnt matter what side the steering wheel is on

Reactions: 8YARWY
from germany , if you want link let me know

i see now its not same but close :)
I think close enough that you would need to hold the two next to each other to tell the difference, do you have the link please? Thanks :)

I think close enough that you would need to hold the two next to each other to tell the difference, do you have the link please? Thanks :)
Yup

For.now i dont buy anything but will get it soon

Reactions: Mike.46
Personally I love the gloss black still, the carbon looks ok, but if it didn't match I wouldn't do it.

PPF'ing the gloss black would be my next port of call, but it's not showing any signs of marking. Still unmarked and unswirled after 4 months and that includes a post race weekend where I'm notoriously clumsy after 12hrs of racing.

Reactions: Keano04 and Jassyo06
Personally I love the gloss black still, the carbon looks ok, but if it didn't match I wouldn't do it.

PPF'ing the gloss black would be my next port of call, but it's not showing any signs of marking. Still unmarked and unswirled after 4 months and that includes a post race weekend where I'm notoriously clumsy after 12hrs of racing.

The reality is the gloss black is fine - it does get finger marks on it which need buffing off after a while, but so does the mmi screen and that looks ten times worse if you touch it a lot.

Reactions: Mike.46, Jassyo06 and RSt3ve
Haha I've had BMWs for years with that button and when I finally had the balls to press it, it was a cover the real button just like that.

i got ppf ready just no time to install

also have one for gloss black frame trim

Those wheels look similar to the wheels on the Audi performance TTRS carbon catalog car.. could be a Audi perf carbon bits for 8Y?

Should concentrate on building the cars they have orders for………. Not trying to upsell parts they can’t supply for months anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, 3vans and Adi7r

+1 on this. If it becomes an issue will fix the swirls and get a bit of PPF but not finding I need it after 3k miles in.

After almost 2 months finally got 1h to install red vents
20220528 155553

Reactions: RS03???, RSt3ve, garethdj and 2 others
Yeah I'd be surprised if that's an actual Audi car and not a third party just using an OEM style camouflage.