Rns-e Quadlock pic

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone who has the factory installed Rns-e mk head unit in there car please post a pic off the quad lock in the back as I think I am missing some blocks cheers

Last edited:
I guess your iso changing to quadlock?

I used this pic for my RNSE install
Quadlock

Ahh, right mine had the double din as standard I fitted the rnse myself. A should be standard it's the speakers?

I used this pic for my RNSE install
View attachment 185887
Cheers mate for the picture , I am missing the A block not sure if I need tho as I get music out the Bose speakers but I have moved the pin from 5 to 7 but still getting the coding pin error and can't seem to get it shifted , any advice or can you tell me the colour off wire please

Did you code it in with VCDS?
Coded in the best I could but still always got the coding pin error , now I only need to get the colour off wire which would be in #6 in block C that way I can look at the wiring and solder a repair wire to it .

@paddy ( cheers for the link ) i have the harness that was attached to the Audi Symphony ( i think Audi factory fitted 6cd changer one ) but what i have noticed is i don't have the A block and just wanted someone with factory fitted Rns-e MK2 with bose to pull there's out and take a pic off the quad lock and give me the Audi colour off the wire which gets moved to the Bose pin #7 in the Blue block C so then i can compare mine and see if i have the correct wire in the bose pin as i keep getting the Coding pin error,

OK I upgraded my symphony to RNSE on my old 3.2 and had to buy this quadlock harness. The wiring dia is on the RNSE unit. I do remember i had to move a pin in one of the blocks for Bose i think. There was a thread on here at the time that detailed it all but would have been about 10 years ago now. If you get stuck ask Nige "NMM" because he was around at the time and is the elec guru.

OK I upgraded my symphony to RNSE on my old 3.2 and had to buy this quadlock harness. The wiring dia is on the RNSE unit. I do remember i had to move a pin in one of the blocks for Bose i think. There was a thread on here at the time that detailed it all but would have been about 10 years ago now. If you get stuck ask Nige "NMM" because he was around at the time and is the elec guru.
Yip I understand the diagram but my plight is I can't mind the colour off the wire that I moved from C ( blue block #5) to its new position as I had a jumble off wires coming from all over the place
Sent ash a pic a while back and he suggested that I move all the black wires to one big Brown wire as it seems to be the earth wire which I did and left the error but now it bugs the Sh*t out off me so was hoping to fix it incase I put wrong colour off wire into #7 in C ( blue block )