Remapping and Rolling Road Shoot-Out Day @ AMD Essex

...sorry to hear that u still got problems gettin' stage 2+ numbers, im running stock DSG with AMD map and i made really good numbers for stage 2 (352) with few mods i got. Hope u will sort it out ;)

Last edited:
Well not such a bad day . Good and bad actually. AmD took software off and started again with putting it back on all from scratch . Car has now got 340 torque which is a lot better than 301 and feels a lot better . Here's the not so good bit . When the car drops off on the dyno its locking the back wheels on the rollers :0 so the car isn't giving it's true figures on the rollers and this could be down to a faulty rear diff. Would make sense as my Haldex pump went and this could of had a knock on affect if the oil wasn't pumping around ... on the road it seems fine and really does feel a lot different ! So next job .. New rear diff :/ have seen some for around 500 and low milage second hand and 2 and half hour job . Still cheaper than changing software that didn't need changing :) !

Reactions: Compkiler
Also AmD had another customer in with a young car with low milage and had problem with diff .... I'm starting to think later 8ps have and underlining problem with the Haldex pumps /haldex as I've seen so many posts on it since mine went ?

are you out of warranty ?
if the pump has failed previously surely that gives you some ammo to fire at Audi regarding failure caused by the previous failed pump , could be worth pursuing ?
glad you getting more reasonable numbers now

Reactions: Alex_Wil
Not yet but I struggled with getting to do the pump even though it was an electrical fault and nothing to do with my modifications so amd did as not to waste time waiting for audi . Might pursue this with them but I feel they may throw it out ....

Not sure I'd be going that route on such s young low mileage car.
I'd stick with what I have, strange how reloading the software made any difference though.

Reactions: grchmason and Alex_Wil
Well can get a replacement rear diff with 18k miles for 500? . Did think that to as nothing been done with the car ? Least I know it's back roughly to what it should be..350 bhp and 340 tourqe .

End of the month Alex fingers crossed I'll be taking my baby to Lvs racing to go stage 2+. !!
Hopefully a new diff will sort out that issue.

It's been one heck of a journey. Hopefully diff will settle once and for all . Just happy power is more towards what it should be! Lol

Reactions: S3Alex
I think it's the actual diff rather than than the controller. Thought if I replace it I should change the lot ?

Update on diff situation . Spoke to audi about the potential for the diff to be gone and they said there happy to look at it and replace it under warranty as long as mods haven't affected it . Will this be ok or will mods I have affect the diff?

Update on diff situation . Spoke to audi about the potential for the diff to be gone and they said there happy to look at it and replace it under warranty as long as mods haven't affected it . Will this be ok or will mods I have affect the diff?

It's open to interpretation but be prepared to have a bit of "robust negotiating" with them,and even some cost sharing if needs be.

They are at least open to the idea of it being a warranty possibility.

I will make them pay for it because of the hassle they caused me with the Haldex pump which in turn could be the reason the diff has gone ?

I will make them pay for it because of the hassle they caused me with the Haldex pump which in turn could be the reason the diff has gone ?

See what their opening offer is,and then work from there.

I always find it easier to let the other side dig themselves a hole first.

I'll give it a go . Dropping off Thursday potentially!

Reactions: S3Alex and Charlie23
No disrespect but a diff no way, Save your money! you would hear it well before it failed and from cosworths I have had a few Alex so talking from experience and was this never picked up from the last rolling rd day?

How do you explain the increase in 40lb of extra torque when you just reload the same map?

Reactions: lucky_bob and Marshy
Wasn't picked up from rr day but when it's been back in on thr dyno they have noticed the car jolt at the rear and seem to lock up when they let off the power which has been result of me never getting a consistent reading . It doesn't happen bottom end but top end when they let of the power ?. Can't explain why the torque suddenly increased? Also dv a lot quieter now.

That could be diff related.
Let's hope that all comes right for you.

If I can get a new whole rear diff from audi worth doing anyway in case the Haldex pump did affect it in any way . Saves a Job in the future potentially?

Spoke to audi about the potential for the diff to be gone and they said there happy to look at it and replace it under warranty as long as mods haven't affected it . Will this be ok or will mods I have affect the diff?

Morning Alex,

Maidstone Audi replaced the Haldex Clutch Pump on my S3 when that failed.

The car was still under warranty at the time, and they replaced it for free even though I was at Stage 2+ at the time.

Fingers crossed you have a similar experience pal...

Reactions: crazylegscrane and Alex_Wil
Facelift has gen 4 haldex and prefacelift has gen 2. Doubt it would fit from one to another without modifications..

Not being funny but I was quite shocked earlier... Had a bit of time to spare this arvo and went to audi and test drove a new S3. The 300bhp one.
It was an automatic so I know the power is different but it was definitely a lot slower than mine that's for sure. Mines a manual but mine is a lot more responsive than this new S3 was.
I have a stage 1 remap atm so I thought they would be about the same.??

On a plus note for the new S3... The handling felt a lot better than mine and the car felt more solid too. A nice car but I'd be wanting that same remap as the new Golf R if I was gona buy this. Standard this car is not an outstanding car imo....