Powervalve owners

Hp_S3

Reaction score
Hi not long had secondhand turbo back powervalve system fitted (not by BCS) and just wonder if the valve had been hooked up properly. It has been hooked up to where the old valve use to go. But i read that this runs off the boost pressure rather than a vacuum. The bottom hose on the picture is the one coming from the valve . I have contacted BCS and i am awaiting a reply. But if anyone fancy's crawling under there car in the mean time let me know what you find thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0425.JPG
    DSC_0425.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 170
Is the same pipe, when not boosting it pulls vacuum

BCS tied the original hose up on mine, then ran a new, heavy gauge hose to the front. They supplied and fitted a Forge boost tap, off of the inlet (where the pcv joins) and connected the new hose to here.

Sounds epic!

Hi not long had secondhand turbo back powervalve system fitted (not by BCS) and just wonder if the valve had been hooked up properly. It has been hooked up to where the old valve use to go. But i read that this runs off the boost pressure rather than a vacuum. The bottom hose on the picture is the one coming from the valve . I have contacted BCS and i am awaiting a reply. But if anyone fancy's crawling under there car in the mean time let me know what you find thanks.
Yes yours is set up incorrrctly. As stated above it needs a feed running from the inlet manifold.
Take care as your valve will not be opening properly.
I have heard of this a couple of times where exhaust companies have hooked it up to the existing vac hose

Yep mine is attached to the vacuum pipe that goes to the inlet manifold. I had the same question as I bought mine 2nd hand too.
This may help you out. its the same place you can take a boost tap out for a gauge.
A

Thanks for the quick reply guy's. So the hose is to go directly from the boost tap to the valve. And all the original stuff for the old exhaust is no longer used? I had a boost tap and pvc adapter fitted but It got hooked it up to the existing system I think as shown in the picture .

Yep, from the value on the BCS to the boost tap. As I mentioned, BCS just zip-tied the original hose up under the back of the car.

@BCS Nige will get back to you - it's worth getting some of their hose, it's a thicker wall and very good quality.

OK thanks

Reactions: samuelh_888
Alright guys i have been back to the garage that fitted the exhaust for me and they told me what they have done. The blanked off the old vacuum feed coming from the brakes and then hooked the feed from the boost tap up to the existing pipe work so were all good i think. I will check with BCS that it is ok to be setup like this.

So the hose should be going from the inlet manifold pcv boost tap location to the valve on the exhaust.

So the hose should be going from the inlet manifold pcv boost tap location to the valve on the exhaust.
Yes but i just want to check with BCS that this is ok for it to be this way. The valve is defiantly opening. But there may be a reason BCS dont fit it this way.

Yes but i just want to check with BCS that this is ok for it to be this way. The valve is defiantly opening. But there may be a reason BCS dont fit it this way.

What do you mean "BCS dont fit it this way"?

BCS don't use any of the existing hose, but run a new hose from the valve to the intake manifold.

Yeah but what the guys did that i have used hooked the feed from the boost tap up to the existing Audi pipe work (they blocked of the old vacuum so the feed is now from the boost tap in the manifold) rather than running a new hose like BCS would. There must be a reason why BCS don't hook up to the existing system and pipe work that is already there.

The BCS pipework is a new silicon hose from the manifold to the valve on the BCS catback. None of the Audi components are used.
If you are in a situation where the BCS valve does not open properly as they intend you will create back pressure when you don’t want it causing you other problems.

The BCS pipework is a new silicon hose from the manifold to the valve on the BCS catback. None of the Audi components are used.
If you are in a situation where the BCS valve does not open properly as they intend you will create back pressure when you don’t want it causing you other problems.

I'd agree although don't see much problem other than potential for extra power being limited due to flow restriction. Even with that issue, the BCS system should still flow better than the OEM one did (assuming this replaced OEM). The valve would just force the air via the backbox in all situations, which is the path the exhaust gasses would take under zero boost conditions anyway. Obviously not having the benefit of a free-flowing system under boost would restrict flow and if the car was mapped with certain level of boost to take this extra flow into account, power loss would be the result as well as some additional heat build-up.

But yeah, the answer is definitely a new line from a boost tap to the BCS valve without using nay OEM pipes.

I'd agree although don't see much problem other than potential for extra power being limited due to flow restriction. Even with that issue, the BCS system should still flow better than the OEM one did (assuming this replaced OEM). The valve would just force the air via the backbox in all situations, which is the path the exhaust gasses would take under zero boost conditions anyway. Obviously not having the benefit of a free-flowing system under boost would restrict flow and if the car was mapped with certain level of boost to take this extra flow into account, power loss would be the result as well as some additional heat build-up.

But yeah, the answer is definitely a new line from a boost tap to the BCS valve without using nay OEM pipes.

I was talking to Nikki yesterday whilst having my son’s TTS walnut blasted and he was talking about this very issue where other companies plumbed in the Powervalve incorrectly causing too much back pressure if the valve does not open. Even the colour of the pipes changes if this happens.
If it were me, I would make the effort and go to St Helens and have it fitted by the experts.

Cheers guys I will get a new hose line sorted out. Thanks for all the feedback.

@Hp_S3 your photo in your initial post, it’s hard to tell and I have looked under my car but the hose you’ve used is connected to an electrical solenoid (N321?) which opens at approx 3k RPM.

As you’ve said, get it plumbed in correctly and you’ll be loving it.

Reactions: Hp_S3
Spoke to Nige this morning pipe ordered. As for the a 6 hour round trip for a bit of silicon pipe to be fitted i think i will give that a miss. The exhaust has been fitted well and the way the valve was hooked up didn't seem like a major issue to Nige. But in saying that i want it the way Nige would set it up as if I had bought a brand new system. Again thanks to all comments a reply's they really did help.

Spoke to Nige this morning pipe ordered. As for the a 6 hour round trip for a bit of silicon pipe to be fitted i think i will give that a miss. The exhaust has been fitted well and the way the valve was hooked up didn't seem like a major issue to Nige. But in saying that i want it the way Nige would set it up as if I had bought a brand new system. Again thanks to all comments a reply's they really did help.

No need for the trip, it's so easy to fit a 2 year old could do it

Reactions: Hp_S3