PIANO BLACK INSERTS ( FADING)

t&biskits

it`s all black
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed or experienced their piano black inserts have faded? i have noticed that certain areas on mine have gone a cloudy white colour. any ideas?:huh:

mine are fine, what are you cleaning it with?

You could try mequiars plastic polish to take layer off.

they shouldnt fade at all it sounds like you are using something which is to strong to clean them with i use furniture polish on mine they come up really well

mine are fine mate the black on my seats is going a bit at the sides. and a bit frayed ( at 40K) i resorted to shaving them. yes shaving them with a razor. anyone got any tips on geting your seats back to newish condish its just the driver

your inserts probably arent piano black mate i thought the ones on my s3 were but theyre a black grey (i realised this after buying my s3)

your inserts probably arent piano black mate i thought the ones on my s3 were but theyre a black grey (i realised this after buying my s3)

black grey? LOL.

You are right though, im sure they are a very dark grey as opposed to actually being black.

I hate piano black!

Wrap them in carbon vinyl, that's what I'm doing. Problem over.

I hate piano black!

Wrap them in carbon vinyl, that's what I'm doing. Problem over.
i like the piano black ones in my car but as your doing im carbon wrapping them they will look sweet when there done where did you get your wrap from dude im thinking of getting it from ebay

thanks mate i'll give them a try later on i cant wait to get wrapping wanted to do this for ages ever since being in my mates rs4 advant

back to my faded insert`s, i clean them with a lightly misted m/fibre cloth as they seem to scratch so easily, then every couple of months they get cleaned with autoglym vinyl & rubber care ( which says can be used on all interior trim). the inserts have only faded in certain areas, if the product i use for cleaning them was to blame then they would be faded all over? agree or disagree?
if i go to the dealers with it i can see then giving it the` things will slightly fade in time` routine.

What age is the car?? Could a previous owner (if it had one) have used something on it to have caused the fading??? Mine have small scratches on but like you said they do mark easily!

Hope you get it sorted, try Audi, nothing to loose!

yeah could be something that the prev owner has used in the past or it could be that the autoglym cleaner is to strong i would recommend furniture polish i use it on my car its fine