PFL Sportback to FL Dynamic rear light wiring instructions

Brian3932

A3 8v 2.0 TDI DSG S-Line Quattro Scuba Blue
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
PFL Sportback to FL Dynamic light plug pin wiring

I would just like to point out that there are several posts on the net stating you will need to purchase semi dynamic modules from places like K Electronics to complete the job, this is not the case there is no coding necessary either!

Parts Needed to complete the upgrade.

New set of 2017 dynamic lights

Inner plugs x 2

Repair cables x 6

Single core cable x 10m

Inline fuse x 1

As with any project, please test each function of every wire before soldering/fitting to plugs as some models may differ, I will not be held responsible for any mishaps/damage to fittings fixtures.

Outer Lamp Left
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Blue/White and Brown/Red connected together
Pin 3 - Brake lamp Blue
Pin 4 - Turn signal lamp Blue/Yellow
Pin 5 - live power Needed to make dynamic indicator work
Pin 6 – Not used

Inner Lamp Left
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Brown/Red
Pin 3 - Turn signal lamp Grey
Pin 4 - Fog lamp Red/White
Pin 5 - Reverse lamp Black/Blue
Pin 6 - live power Needed to make dynamic indicator work

Outer Lamp Right
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Red/Green and Brown/Yellow connected together
Pin 3 - Brake lamp Green/Brown
Pin 4 - Turn signal lamp Mauve
Pin 6 – Not used

Inner Lamp Right
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Brown/Yellow
Pin 3 - Turn signal lamp Brown/Red
Pin 4 - Fog lamp Green/Yellow
Pin 5 - Reverse lamp Green/Red

Outer Lamps

The original outer lamp plug will fit on the new lamp socket but will need a small locating pin removing first from the new socket first, I used a dremmel but a stanley knife would suffice, and would then need repining as per the above chart.

Inner Lamps

The inner lamps will need the original plugs removing and new connectors fitting (part number 4B0 971 636), I would recommend using repair wires as the pins are very small and fiddley, sorry not sure on the part number, but when I purchased the plugs I asked for the repair leads to fit at the same time. You will need three for each side, these will need soldering in place as per the chart above.

Installation is the same as written in larbel’s sedan post, I didn’t take any pictures for the conversion as I wasn’t going to write a guide, but then thought afterwards that I should share my findings

Reactions: Chell85, stote, Invicta and 2 others
PFL Sportback to FL Dynamic light plug pin wiring

I would just like to point out that there are several posts on the net stating you will need to purchase semi dynamic modules from places like K Electronics to complete the job, this is not the case there is no coding necessary either!

Parts Needed to complete the upgrade.

New set of 2017 dynamic lights

Inner plugs x 2

Repair cables x 6

Single core cable x 10m

Inline fuse x 1

As with any project, please test each function of every wire before soldering/fitting to plugs as some models may differ, I will not be held responsible for any mishaps/damage to fittings fixtures.

Outer Lamp Left
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Blue/White and Brown/Red connected together
Pin 3 - Brake lamp Blue
Pin 4 - Turn signal lamp Blue/Yellow
Pin 6 – Not used

Inner Lamp Left
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Brown/Red
Pin 3 - Turn signal lamp Grey
Pin 4 - Fog lamp Red/White
Pin 5 - Reverse lamp Black/Blue

Outer Lamp Right
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Red/Green and Brown/Yellow connected together
Pin 3 - Brake lamp Green/Brown
Pin 4 - Turn signal lamp Mauve
Pin 6 – Not used

Inner Lamp Right
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Brown/Yellow
Pin 3 - Turn signal lamp Brown/Red
Pin 4 - Fog lamp Green/Yellow
Pin 5 - Reverse lamp Green/Red

Outer Lamps

The original outer lamp plug will fit on the new lamp socket but will need a small locating pin removing first from the new socket first, I used a dremmel but a stanley knife would suffice, and would then need repining as per the above chart.

Inner Lamps

The inner lamps will need the original plugs removing and new connectors fitting (part number 4B0 971 636), I would recommend using repair wires as the pins are very small and fiddley, sorry not sure on the part number, but when I purchased the plugs I asked for the repair leads to fit at the same time. You will need three for each side, these will need soldering in place as per the chart above.

Installation is the same as written in larbel’s sedan post, I didn’t take any pictures for the conversion as I wasn’t going to write a guide, but then thought afterwards that I should share my findings
@Brian3932 can you tell me where I can get all the items needed I have ordered the light clusters.... But do not wish to purchase an expensive cable to make them dynamic..
Kind regards Chell