Performance panel filter

Pex

Reaction score
Hi all,any recommendations on performance panel filters on my a3 2.0tfsi Quattro? Have a cat back power flow exhaust and stage 1remap just wondered if anything better than standard paper one

Not a lot to be gained using a performance panel filter on your car - you may get a placebo effect by replacing a dirty paper filter with a new K&N or similar. The only benefit is that they can be cleaned and can pay for themselves over a period of time.

I did fit one of these to my car at stage 1 and it added 12ps over the std plastic intake ... https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/...currency=GBP&gclid=CPehqdOfls8CFQqNGwodcfkJXg

Reactions: Pex
That's it if there is a genuine restriction in the intake a modified part will make a difference , with vag it tends not to be the paper panel filter .

Thanks guys,looks like paper filter for a while,just thought that a performance one may of been less restrictive .
Best save up for a decent induction kit lol!

You are entering a minefield here!
I fitted aNeuspeed to my S3 and at stage 2+ it made 369 bhp 378 ft lbs. Another member on here had the same intake and when mapped to stage 2+ made less bhp and the tuner suggested to fit a Revo to unlock the full potential.
I was warned off the Revo by 2 tuners due to the foam filter which is made by Pipercross.
Not to be outdone as now there is a little doubt in my mind. I have bought a Revo intake and ordered a green cotton filter of an appropriate size to replace the Revo foam filter. After installing the Revo pipe, I held the Revo filter in place and it catches on the back of the S3 headlight. Some people manage to fit it OK but I am not keen on the rubbing as I have seen some at car meets where the rubbing makes holes in the foam. Some people have difficulty fitting the Revo heat shield due to bolt holes not lining up.
So hopefully I will have the best of both worlds as the Revo pipe is very good being 90mm diameter, smooth curves and no joins.
I saw a car with a Ramair last weekend where the filter had rubbed the paint off the inside of the bonnet so no good in my books.
So in conclusion, out of your list the Neuspeed is well made and fits very well but maybe does not give the very top figures if you are tuning to stage 2+.
At Stage 1 or 1+ it is a good price and will give you plenty of air with lots of interesting sounds from your turbo.
The other intake with good reviews is the ITG Maxogen. This is expensive and has lots of joins. However it is proven to support 600 bhp.

Reactions: Pex and CrypticS3
I can confirm the issues with the Revo CAI. Mine is resting against the headlight unit. Such a shame as all it would take to resolve the issue would be to shorten the pipe by an inch at the filter end. I'll be keeping a close eye on mine.

@prt57 What filter did you get to replace the Revo item as I'll be making a change if I start to see wear on the foam filter.

Joins in the tubing aren't a problem it's making sure the MAF is in a location with the least possible turbulence and the ITG proves this.

I fitted aNeuspeed to my S3 and at stage 2+ it made 369 bhp 378 ft lbs. Another member on here had the same intake and when mapped to stage 2+ made less bhp and the tuner suggested to fit a Revo to unlock the full potential.
I was warned off the Revo by 2 tuners due to the foam filter which is made by Pipercross.
Not to be outdone as now there is a little doubt in my mind. I have bought a Revo intake and ordered a green cotton filter of an appropriate size to replace the Revo foam filter. After installing the Revo pipe, I held the Revo filter in place and it catches on the back of the S3 headlight. Some people manage to fit it OK but I am not keen on the rubbing as I have seen some at car meets where the rubbing makes holes in the foam. Some people have difficulty fitting the Revo heat shield due to bolt holes not lining up.
So hopefully I will have the best of both worlds as the Revo pipe is very good being 90mm diameter, smooth curves and no joins.
I saw a car with a Ramair last weekend where the filter had rubbed the paint off the inside of the bonnet so no good in my books.
So in conclusion, out of your list the Neuspeed is well made and fits very well but maybe does not give the very top figures if you are tuning to stage 2+.
At Stage 1 or 1+ it is a good price and will give you plenty of air with lots of interesting sounds from your turbo.
The other intake with good reviews is the ITG Maxogen. This is expensive and has lots of joins. However it is proven to support 600 bhp.
Thank you for your info buddy, probably will take it to stage 1+ as my pockets aren't deep enough for a 2+,neuspeed most likely but the pipe work on a revo does look very good plus it comes with a heat shield where as neuspeed doesn't

The Neuspeed comes with the heat shield over the turbo instead.
Recently, both highly tuned S3s in Performance Audi did not use a heat shield like the Revo air intake shield.
In an older thread on here a member produced better figures without the foam ITG heat shield rather than with if in place.
At the moment I am not using my Revo heat shield but still have my Neuspeed turbo shield in place under the Revo pipe.

Would echo the thoughts on the revo fit. The first time I fitted it the filter rubbed a hole in it on the back of the headlight fitting. Have replaced the filter with another revo unit and managed to make it sit nicely missing the headlight so all good.

Am interested in which filter you replaced the revo unit with, does it give better flow figures?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I put a Pipercross panel into my 3.2 and it messed up my MAF. Cleaned the MAF, put back the paper one, and it's been fine since. I didn't notice any performance or sound difference anyway