Oil pump change.

g60leigh

When changing the oil pump (just from maintenance point of view. No sign of failure) do you change the chain and tensioner too?

<tuffty/>

Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
Staff member
You don't need to no but... if you plan to then you have to remove the crank pulley and the front cover to do it... you will need a new crank seal and crank pulley bolt too... torque is 65ftlbs + 90 degrees for the crank bolt

<tuffty/>

g60leigh

You don't need to no but... if you plan to then you have to remove the crank pulley and the front cover to do it... you will need a new crank seal and crank pulley bolt too... torque is 65ftlbs + 90 degrees for the crank bolt

<tuffty/>

Not planning on changing chain unless need to. Was considering changing the tensioner and pick up tho due to their low cost.

Is the tensioner easily accessible.

g60leigh

Was hoping tensioner was more accessible.
Will leave well alone unless any signs of wear.

Thank you

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
My tensioner was well worn (grooved by the chain), so i got the complete kit inc chain

g60leigh

My tensioner was well worn (grooved by the chain), so i got the complete kit inc chain

At mileage was that on Dave?

superkarl

MAN OF STEEL
Whats the tensioner like on the block i gave you dave? Thats 150k too.

Westy

I don't recall fitting a new seal on mine or a new bolt! Actually for that matter I don't remember much from my engine build weekend :beerchug: