New guy, first Audi - A4 B8 S line

also gone through 2 MOTs on current stretch at 2 different places, I wouldnt worry about the hassle of swapping wheels over

Reactions: philbell
excessive stretch yes maybe, but 235/35 on a 10j is not excessive.

only once been pulled by police and they went to town on my car asking me about the stretch and other mods, they was on a mission to catch people that night but i was super polite and fluttered the eyelashes, told them they are fitted withing manufacturer guidelines and he just gave me a lecture that stretch is dangerous under heavy driving but not illegal in my case... I held back being a know it all and didnt tell him track cars have stretch tyres and get really abused and drifted around bends with no danger issue...

I'll need to remember that eyelash move :smiley:

And some progress has been made

Reactions: Chop.
Looks freaking awesome Phil. I'm proper jealous of your rims. They r so sweet

Reactions: philbell
It's everything i wanted Manda :cry::laughing: 235/35 rears and 215/35 for the fronts..
Need to get it aligned and some camber added front and rear :imp:

Good shout on the sizes, they look pretty spot on same amount of stretch at the front as to the back, although the pictures are a little hard to tell from.
First thing I noticed going from the 18 standards to 19s on stretch is my god do you feel every bump in the road. You noticed the difference yet?
My standards are going back on this saturday. Actually really excited as it has been 2 years since I would of felt it that comfortable and I expect a nice jump in my MPG again :D

Looks nice Phil should be easy to spot you around Cannock. Nice and easy to clean the wheels which is good, I would imagine that kerbs are not your friend now though.
Whats the ride quality like ? .

Good shout on the sizes, they look pretty spot on same amount of stretch at the front as to the back, although the pictures are a little hard to tell from.
First thing I noticed going from the 18 standards to 19s on stretch is my god do you feel every bump in the road. You noticed the difference yet?
My standards are going back on this saturday. Actually really excited as it has been 2 years since I would of felt it that comfortable and I expect a nice jump in my MPG again :D

Yeah thats what i wanted, they are ****** spot on tbh.: Oh infelt every bump in the road when I put these fk's on so the ride quality hasn't differed much, a little more road noise due to the lower profile tyres but thts about it..

Looks nice Phil should be easy to spot you around Cannock. Nice and easy to clean the wheels which is good, I would imagine that kerbs are not your friend now though.
Whats the ride quality like ? .

Much appreciated! Yeah i've already had quite a few head turns on ny way back from work and the gym which puts a huge smile on my face aha! Yeah i recon side camera like range rovers have maybe needed :tearsofjoy: As for ride quality I lost most of it when i threw these coils on.. It doesn't bother me at all, just shows how low it is.. New coils, shocks and bushes are next.

Wax is ok if you top it up every 2 months or when needed, or you can buy wheel sealant. I just use my paint wax which is Collinite :)

A quick detail and wax of the wheels tool up most of my weekend. Few snaps I got on the weekend

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    939.8 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
2 years later... after a series of unfortunate events I have finally got my car to a state where im fully satisfied, same wheels different colour, same car different colour, full 2.5” stainless cat back exhaust to a Y split, Revo air intake, St coilovers with Bilstein B8 shocks, had a full engine rebuild from Audi at 59k pistons/rings job now at 63k no issues really other than an intermittent flatstop at 4k in second and 3rd when boost kicks in.. Other than that its all good but doesnt feel real yet that I finally have a relatively ‘perfect’ running car after such a terrible last year..

Attachments

• A8B7ABEA-B73E-4A91-89E8-978BB7B16AD0.jpeg
    A8B7ABEA-B73E-4A91-89E8-978BB7B16AD0.jpeg
    991.7 KB · Views: 102
  • D0C76B9A-EDB3-4B2D-8B71-A6F9947BB656.jpeg
    D0C76B9A-EDB3-4B2D-8B71-A6F9947BB656.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • 5D461930-CF5E-4713-A94C-C29903F58124.jpeg
    5D461930-CF5E-4713-A94C-C29903F58124.jpeg
    899 KB · Views: 105
  • EDF66B89-4A5F-47CF-9AFA-8DF22D8F69E5.jpeg
    EDF66B89-4A5F-47CF-9AFA-8DF22D8F69E5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • 28D03511-C988-4280-B11B-3B7DBD74DB3C.jpeg
    28D03511-C988-4280-B11B-3B7DBD74DB3C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 103
Reactions: Ellis85
2 years later... after a series of unfortunate events I have finally got my car to a state where im fully satisfied, same wheels different colour, same car different colour, full 2.5” stainless cat back exhaust to a Y split, Revo air intake, St coilovers with Bilstein B8 shocks, had a full engine rebuild from Audi at 59k pistons/rings job now at 63k no issues really other than an intermittent flatstop at 4k in second and 3rd when boost kicks in.. Other than that its all good but doesnt feel real yet that I finally have a relatively ‘perfect’ running car after such a terrible last year..

Nice car mate! I have similar wheels and need a refurb, winter has killed them and thinking of going bronze.
135940528707087887f4eacecbe4d418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk