My S3

Very nice build. Looks mint on them rims. I'm thinking going stage 1 but after reading this and S3Alex's build. I'm in 2 minds.

Reactions: Alex_Wil and S3Alex
Very nice build. Looks mint on them rims. I'm thinking going stage 1 but after reading this and S3Alex's build. I'm in 2 minds.

Thank you!

Alex's car looks superb I have to say.
Far cleaner than mine too.

It's a long slippery slope once you remap the car as its capable of so much more.
Read and enjoy.....just don't blame us later!

Reactions: Alex_Wil

Cheers :) and I was exactly the same as you thought stage 1 and that's it but never happened and Alex also had a very big influence on were I am with my car today haha . Thing is you can stop at stage one but then your so close to being stage 2 + it plays mind games with you constantly ,

Thank you!

It's a long slippery slope once you remap the car as its capable of so much more.

I'll be happy to give yours a clean ! haha . she certainly is complete with those wheels .

Maybe this s3 needs more power is an Alex thing ;)

Reactions: S3Alex
to
Thank you!

Exactly!!! once you start you cant stop. I have done this previously to a EK9 type R and a DC5 Type r which I still own and kept telling myself I don't want to mod the S3.

Cheers :) and I was exactly the same as you thought stage 1 and that's it but never happened and Alex also had a very big influence on were I am with my car today haha . Thing is you can stop at stage one but then your so close to being stage 2 + it plays mind games with you constantly ,

I'll be happy to give yours a clean ! haha . she certainly is complete with those wheels .

Maybe this s3 needs more power is an Alex thing ;)

I was going to say I think its in the name :smile new:

Hats off to you both, Amazing builds and very informative:salute:

Reactions: Alex_Wil and raffhussain
Alex what wmi set up do you run ? I've just been reading on vag oc that the tfsi/tsi 2.0 uses a plastic butterfly valve in the throttle body and that Meth damages it ? Wondered if u have had any issues or swapped the part out ?

Alex what wmi set up do you run ? I've just been reading on vag oc that the tfsi/tsi 2.0 uses a plastic butterfly valve in the throttle body and that Meth damages it ? Wondered if u have had any issues or swapped the part out ?

I have an AEM kit.

Easy to set up and reliable.
I've seen the theoretical thing re methanol and ABS plastics but have had no problems.

The way round that is to inject above the TB using a solenoid or check valve but mine is below.

Reactions: Smirky
I have an AEM kit.

Easy to set up and reliable.
I've seen the theoretical thing re methanol and ABS plastics but have had no problems.

The way round that is to inject above the TB using a solenoid or check valve but mine is below.
Something I may consider after having my inlets walnut blasted and catch can fitted

I use snow performace and really chuffed with it . regarding the damage side I've not had any problems but I was concerned on that and reverted to Alex for advice and he told me the same :) I want to tune mine with the car one day ...I think

I use snow performace and really chuffed with it . regarding the damage side I've not had any problems but I was concerned on that and reverted to Alex for advice and he told me the same :) I want to tune mine with the car one day ...I think
How is yours set up ? Just at a certain rev it comes in ?

Mine is boost triggered.

It comes in at 0.5bar,and tops out at peak boost,which reminds me,I need to reset the top end to top out at 1.9 bar,as the last turbo was running 2.2bar at max.

The only one you can really map to the car is the Aquamist,but it does need a lot of setup to get the best from it.

Syvecs can run WMI as well as NOS.....maybe I should see if Storm can use it to control the WMI on mine...?

I do think that the simpler ones like AEM,Snow,etc are much easier to use,and deliver at least 90% of a fully mapped system's performance.

Mine is boost triggered.

It comes in at 0.5bar,and tops out at peak boost,which reminds me,I need to reset the top end to top out at 1.9 bar,as the last turbo was running 2.2bar at max.

The only one you can really map to the car is the Aquamist,but it does need a lot of setup to get the best from it.

Syvecs can run WMI as well as NOS.....maybe I should see if Storm can use it to control the WMI on mine...?

I do think that the simpler ones like AEM,Snow,etc are much easier to use,and deliver at least 90% of a fully mapped system's performance.
Is there anything syvecs can't do lol
Yeah I've just been looking and the snows and aem seem to be about the same so I'll see what amd can do supply and fit wise , yours running the stage 2 snows alexwil

Is there anything syvecs can't do lol
Yeah I've just been looking and the snows and aem seem to be about the same so I'll see what amd can do supply and fit wise , yours running the stage 2 snows alexwil

I'm still surprised with the list of things that ECU can do.

Anyhow...here's the AEM on mine....

Super neat and hidden in the ciggie ash tray which I never use.

Reactions: Smirky and Alex_Wil
Mine wouldn't fit in the ash tray . had to have it in under lights in the little glove box thing

I'm still surprised with the list of things that ECU can do.

Anyhow...here's the AEM on mine....

Super neat and hidden in the ciggie ash tray which I never use.
That is very tidy like that alot !
How big is yours alexwill? I've got a CD changer in my glove box

Steve did that for me.....all of the lines and the pump are hidden.

The latest controller is bigger but would fit in the glovebox I'm sure.

That is very tidy like that alot !
How big is yours alexwill? I've got a CD changer in my glove box

It's a bit bigger than Alex but mine is below the lights and there's a mini glove box .. I'll take a picture shortly and post it :)

Reactions: S3Alex and Smirky
Steve did that for me.....all of the lines and the pump are hidden.

The latest controller is bigger but would fit in the glovebox I'm sure.
Steve is a legend ! His golf is crazy ! 130 in 3rd lol
Hopefully as he has done yours it will be stored in his head somewhere

It's a bit bigger than Alex but mine is below the lights and there's a mini glove box .. I'll take a picture shortly and post it :)

Very useful for a few people to see how these kits can be installed and hidden,and different kits as well.

I think a lot of folks are either unaware of the benefits,or worried about setup.

Steve is a legend ! His golf is crazy ! 130 in 3rd lol
Hopefully as he has done yours it will be stored in his head somewhere

That man is a superb mechanic,as well as an all round nice guy.

I cannot speak highly enough of him.....he's built me a superb engine,and to have Storm comment on the quality of his work was quite a compliment,that I fed back to him.
It isn't often that one tuner will say how good another's work is,and a testament to both Steve,and Andy at Storm for being so fair and open.

Reactions: Alex_Wil, leshkin and Smirky
That man is a superb mechanic,as well as an all round nice guy.

I cannot speak highly enough of him.....he's built me a superb engine,and to have Storm comment on the quality of his work was quite a compliment,that I fed back to him.
It isn't often that one tuner will say how good another's work is,and a testament to both Steve,and Andy at Storm for being so fair and open.
Agree everything he has done on my car has never had a problem ,even managed to get the bonnet open and fixed without swearing when it broke the one time I tried opening after it had been opened and closed million times with me not there lol
I think he does the Audi work as when I collected mine he said Alex's was his next challenge

Reactions: Alex_Wil and S3Alex
Agree everything he has done on my car has never had a problem ,even managed to get the bonnet open and fixed without swearing when it broke the one time I tried opening after it had been opened and closed million times with me not there lol
I think he does the Audi work as when I collected mine he said Alex's was his next challenge

He's always done the work on my car . just been at bhp was a wicked day out . just seen your reply so apologies for not coming back to you !

He's always done the work on my car . just been at bhp was a wicked day out . just seen your reply so apologies for not coming back to you !
No worries mate I wouldn't have made it anyway ,
Much up there ?

No worries mate I wouldn't have made it anyway ,
Much up there ?

It's public track time , drift cars and time attack . going to be busy there today ! I'll take picture of were my wmi controller is this morning

Very stealthy looking.

Cheers :D

some more snaps from the weekend:

Attachments

• IMG_20160430_152428.jpg
    IMG_20160430_152428.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 260
  • 20160430_110402.jpg
    20160430_110402.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 256
Reactions: leshkin and Smirky
@Smirky as promised . picture of my wmi controller

excuse the gym shoe that's on show haha

Attachments

• 20160502_083918.jpg
    20160502_083918.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 276
@Smirky as promised . picture of my wmi controller

excuse the gym shoe that's on show haha
Don't think I've got that glove box on my car , neatly done though
Never mind the shoe get that Hoover out lol ,

Don't think I've got that glove box on my car , neatly done though
Never mind the shoe get that Hoover out lol ,

valid point ...she needs another clean haha

This may be a shock to all but i'm parting ways with the Audi :( Many a reasons to and i'm well and truly gutted as i know a lot of you will understand how much i love the car and how much i've looked after it! It doesn't mean i am gone i will just return with another audi that's a tad more sensible for my life currently!

The car is up for sale - details below - i will list in the correct part of the forum also:

Price:

£25,600 ( Lots of extras! )

The car does have finance on it but this will be paid upon sale and i will finalize payment on the phone with the buyer there so you have piece of mind.

It is 410BHP & 440 Torque

Modifications below:

TTE420 Hybrid Turbo- 8P-S3-S-TRONIC-BLACK EDITION

Tuned and Modified by AMD Tuning

TTE420 Turbo
Snow Performance Water Methonal Injection
Yellow Speed Racing BBK (6 Pot)
RS4 Fuel Valve
BCS DECAT Exhaust
AMD/REVO Cold Air Induction
LOBA HPFP
APR LPFP
155 Bar
APR TTE420 REMAP
GFB DV+,
Bilstein B14 Coilovers
H&R Arbs
H&R Spacers
ALK-Superpro
APR DSG Software Upgrade
FMIC STAGE 2 Airtec
Pedal Box
TTS Custom Painted Engine Cover
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
BBS CHR Wheels- With new tyres

I have just had a new DSG Gearbox put in less than 3000 miles ago,

The car has also just had an MOT, Service and new brake pads. It is completely up to date on everything

I also have the following that is included in the price:

Full set of Original Black edition rotors
APR Valve springs brand new set ( £600)
Spacers
Few spare forge pipes
spark plugs
Dash Cam

The car had a 3 stage paint correction done 3 weeks ago but has one minor scratch on the passenger wing that is no bigger than an inch! other than that it looks amazing!

The car has been modified at AMD Tuning and all services and maintenance have been completed at Audi Tunbridge Wells - I have all receipts for any work ever done to the car.

If there is anything else please ask.

Reactions: Gards and S3Alex
Hi Alex.

Sorry to see you're letting it go,and it deserves a good home.

Good luck and come back soon!

Hi Alex.

Many thanks! it does deserve a good home!

I will be back :)

That is a sad news mate. Hope it goes to a worthy home and you find a good replacement. Don't be a stranger now!

hI7hLr2PMzoJO.gif

Reactions: Alex_Wil and S.
Sorry to see you leaving the s3 family mate hope your back soon

Cheers everyone! i will be back :) I don't think the car will sell that quickly so ill get to enjoy it for a little bit!

Reactions: Smirky and Sandra
I thought that aswell but apprantly the map will need changing to say that the car is not running a cat . If anyone else can confirm that would be great :) it's 100 times better than the Miltek . The sound is unreal under boost !

Custom may not be for a small while . Going to get 155 bar and lpfp installed which isn't a huge job then custom can come later when I start getting bored :p

Did you try calling Phantom ECU Tuning in Kent?

Just took me all day to read this. Credit to you for the effort into the car. Ive screen shotted a lot of stuff for the future when i get my s3. Dsg black edition also... was gutted at the end when you had to sell it