Lowered suspension kit fails to lower car?

Now your car has come back to earth it looks so much better Mike and is an ideal ride height imo. Btw did you get to compare the old set with the new ones side by side, before they went on?

Liking those wheels too. Are they original Audi?

Hi Mike,
Interesting thread. That now looks much better!

Do you reckon you'll get any compo for the time/money you've had to waste so far?

Cheers Donny,

The chances of any kind of compensation coming my way is slim as in my quest to get this problem solved I have had to deal with the retailer who sold me the suspension kit. The UK distributor for KW Suspension and eventually KW direct in Germany. It would be a lot of running around for what in the end would probably not amount to much.

Now your car has come back to earth it looks so much better Mike and is an ideal ride height imo. Btw did you get to compare the old set with the new ones side by side, before they went on?

Liking those wheels too. Are they original Audi?

Cheers RA, yes, I did compare them side by side. The original set of rear springs had two tight coils in the middle, the replacements did not. The guys in the garage reckoned KW cocked up and first time round sent me heavily up rated rear springs which would not be necessary for a compact hatch like an A3, they could have been designed for a heavier car; maybe an A4 or something else in the Audi range.

The wheels are not genuine Audi, they are made by WSP of Italy and are known as Allroad Canyon. The problem with them is they have an offset of 45 and a standard A3 has an offset of 54 I believe. As a result the wheels stick out a bit which leads to kerbing. I have rarely ever kerbed wheels while parking in the past but these ones have been kerbed a number of times due to the way the stick out. I might end up putting the standard wheels back on, but I am still undecided as they are only 16”.

glad to see you got this problem sorted out matey , also like the wheels they do look good to be fair get a close up of them when you can

Once the kit is bedded in you'll have to give us an update on the ride qualities:icon_thumright: