Ko4 hybrid which one?

its just the MAF reading.

Upload 2018 2 10 22 53 53

Like I said previously, the boost is always a little weird not sure if it is requested (including ambient pressure 1 bar) and also the HP and TORQUE figures are sketchy to say the least as they are "at the wheel" and have to be on an exactly flat straight road with the vehicle correctly configured in the profile. so you need a dyno for an accurate measurement.

I now have torque pro . been playing with it but cant seem to find a intake temp plugin . got air/air/fuel . but so far cant find intake .just got coolent temp .

honestly forget about the standard intercoolers an FMIC isn't for styling it is to keep the inlet air temperature down to stop pre-ignition and your engine from blowing up when the mapper wants to advance the timing (I think so anyway).

You can almost get to 300hp with a standard K04, fuel pump and injectors with a b5 tip and decent air filter, DP and FMIC ( I got to 225 g/s MAF which is about 275BHP and that's the limit of the fuel injectors)

but if you are going for 300BHP you need engine internals and if you are doing that you may as well go for 350BHP Badgers 380 K04 Hybrid includes air intake and exhaust manifold - and has been proven to reach 400BHP in the right environment.

I'm pretty sure if you message beachbuggyturbos he will advise against trying to keep the side mounted intercoolers
Hi stuart been reading through these posts again lol. Just been thinking about what you said here about adding a fuel pump and injectors . im running a decat panel filter and b5tip. with my stage 1 remap and that gives me a proven 251 bhp and 235Ift of torque. So do you think on my standard Ko4 i would gain much more power buy adding injectors fmic and fuel pump then have the car custom mapped .

Hi stuart been reading through these posts again lol. Just been thinking about what you said here about adding a fuel pump and injectors . im running a decat panel filter and b5tip. with my stage 1 remap and that gives me a proven 251 bhp and 235Ift of torque. So do you think on my standard Ko4 i would gain much more power buy adding injectors fmic and fuel pump then have the car custom mapped .
You shouldn't need injectors... FMIC, 3" downpipe and a fuel pump if its tired (which seems to be more common these days) and custom map should lift midrange power and give a little more top end power on a std K04... assuming the engine is healthy enough

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Tj 0785
Best thing for logging is the ME7 logger that you can download from the Nef moto site.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/
It's not as easy to use as VCDS or torque on the phone but you can log 10 different parameters at 10-20 times a second if you want simultaneously . You don't even need any expensive hardware I use the cheap £5 KKL VCDS lead I used to use on my B5.5 passat.
Similar to this.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-USB-...9-for-VW-Audi-Seat-Skoda-Win-10/390665707075?
Logging produces a CSV file similar to VCDS, This is a 3rd gear accell run from when my 225 BAM TT was standard I converted the CSV to a PDF so I can upload it .

Attachments

• 21-06-17 3rd gear accell run2.pdf
    180.5 KB · Views: 292
Reactions: Alex C
You shouldn't need injectors... FMIC, 3" downpipe and a fuel pump if its tired (which seems to be more common these days) and custom map should lift midrange power and give a little more top end power on a std K04... assuming the engine is healthy enough

<tuffty/>

I thought a stock ko4 with stage 2 bolt ons can max out 386cc factory injectors. 440 or 550 inj. could be required to extract maximum power from stock ko4 turbo with a proper stage 2 bolt ons.

I fitted a 4 bar FPR to my car to get more fuel. However that depends on the fuel pump being healthy enough to run a 4 bar FPR.
A 4 bar regulator gives you the equivalent of 440cc injectors. 386 x (square root(4/3)) = 386*1.154 = 445cc
I have a FPR gauge on my car and I can see that at the top end the fuel pressure is falling from what it should be by and the fuelling is maxed out looking at the injector duration, so have a DW65V pump to drop in the tank. Hopefully this will give a little bit of headroom at the top end and also means it's one less thing to do when / if I stick a bigger turbo on it.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/mk1-tt-225-track-day-car.319422/page-3#post-3149328

yeah i had a pre loaded map put on my car from celtic tunning it made bar one bhp the exact bhp they quoted . so i rekon my engine could be in pretty good shape . might even get 275 with a fmic and just a custom map. but going to get a boost leak test first . i thought injectors might be a good way to go as hopfully would maximise fueling with the mods . As i said before would like to get as close to 300bhp without doing my rods .

I thought a stock ko4 with stage 2 bolt ons can max out 386cc factory injectors. 440 or 550 inj. could be required to extract maximum power from stock ko4 turbo with a proper stage 2 bolt ons.
Its possible but thats only if the engine and turbo is healthy enough to warrant it... the cars that have been close are pushing 280+ hp on Bills dyno...

If you are on a budget then injectors would be the last thing I would fit... 4bar FPR is a cheaper way to get over the potential fuelling issue but wouldn't do that without a pump change these days...

<tuffty/>

You can do 300bhp without doing rods it's just a matter of the mapper keeping the torque to a sensible level. There is no magic number to look after the rods but 300Lb/ft seems accepted as a sensible value and if your mapper has the skills it's quite possible to get 300bhp and not go over 300Lb/ft . You would need 550cc injectors and probably something like a K418T hybrid. But TBH I can't see the point in spending the money to fit something like a hybrid if you aren't going to get the full use from it. The thing that makes a real difference is the area under the curve and not so much the actual peak values. By limiting the torque you are losing a lot of potential HP.
My car with the standard turbo, Badger v2.2 TIP, 3 inch d/p and cat delete, wellycooler , Ramair filter 4 bar FPR makes 275bhp 300lB/Ft.
I suspect with the fuel pump sorted it would have made a few more bhp at the top end but Rick did say he didn't want to do anymore as it will be used on the track you need some reserve for the ECU to put some more fuel in, lean is not good.
You can see the effect of all the hardware mods with a completely stock map added another 10 bhp and 25Lb/ft of torque.
BEFORE AND AFTER REMAP001

You can do 300bhp without doing rods it's just a matter of the mapper keeping the torque to a sensible level. There is no magic number to look after the rods but 300Lb/ft seems accepted as a sensible value and if your mapper has the skills it's quite possible to get 300bhp and not go over 300Lb/ft . You would need 550cc injectors and probably something like a K418T hybrid. But TBH I can't see the point in spending the money to fit something like a hybrid if you aren't going to get the full use from it. The thing that makes a real difference is the area under the curve and not so much the actual peak values. By limiting the torque you are losing a lot of potential HP.
My car with the standard turbo, Badger v2.2 TIP, 3 inch d/p and cat delete, wellycooler , Ramair filter 4 bar FPR makes 275bhp 300lB/Ft.
I suspect with the fuel pump sorted it would have made a few more bhp at the top end but Rick did say he didn't want to do anymore as it will be used on the track you need some reserve for the ECU to put some more fuel in, lean is not good.
You can see the effect of all the hardware mods with a completely stock map added another 10 bhp and 25Lb/ft of torque.
View attachment 148417

very impressive torque ! i was always under the impression that torque would always be lower then bhp . But you having 274bhp and 300IFT is fantastic .Well i think my next move is going to be injectors 4bar fpr and a uprated fuel pump just to make sure . Plus fmic . get the map done buy some one like bager5 and see what i get . you had a very smooth delivery on the map as well .