Knock when steering left

Murf

Reaction score
Ive just changed the near side track rod end and wish bone to stop the knocking when going over speed bumps and pot holes, to find ive got another knock on the near side when steering left.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ive just changed the near side track rod end and wish bone to stop the knocking when going over speed bumps and pot holes, to find ive got another knock on the near side when steering left.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

CV Joints my man

Its not a constant knock it knocks once when i steer left. still CV joint?

Nah it was a wish bone bush that was an advisory last year so there was little rubber left tbh, also the track rod end wasnt so good eitha. Just knocked when i went over speed bumps etc. Ive just been reading on here is there a chance it could be me thats bent the disk gaurd?

Surely the garage should have check this when you got the track rod ends and wishbone done?

Did they mention anything

Did it my self this is probly why ive got a knock now haha

Are they easily broken? Could i have done it changing the wishbone?

Are they easily broken? Could i have done it changing the wishbone?

Doubtful to be fair...

I'd be looking at drop links, and also the track rod end itself, just because it's new doesn't mean much...

Could also be play it the tie bar/tie rod/track arm/steering arm or whatever you want to call it.

Get under there and wiggle and pry stuff to find any play.

Doubtful to be fair...

I'd be looking at drop links, and also the track rod end itself, just because it's new doesn't mean much...

Could also be play it the tie bar/tie rod/track arm/steering arm or whatever you want to call it.

Get under there and wiggle and pry stuff to find any play.

if you can move it - your car certainly will, and will tell you by knocking your wheel arch

Well ive just been fiddling around and if i put full lock on and theres a bang but it sounds like its hitting something and making it stop. Not sure if thats normal or not. But only thing i found.

Well ive just been fiddling around and if i put full lock on and theres a bang but it sounds like its hitting something and making it stop. Not sure if thats normal or not. But only thing i found.

It's not normal Murf, thats for sure.

It's gonna be CV joints if anything - possibly bearings inconjuction with ARB links, tracking arm, ball joints etc.....

Take it to a competent garage as this is not a DIY job for a Sunday morning. Even with my "acceptable" level of car knowledge - some tools you just dont have.

This is starting to sound expensive lol...

It's gonna be 3 figures for sure, but prevention IS the best solution. While it's being done, get both done so they both are at equal age / life. get the bushes upgraded ( if needed ), along with chcking suspension, shocks, and ARB links. Powerflex do very good bushes, suspension is wide choice, but your cv's / bearings need to be priority 1

Good luck

Mine has just developed a knocking upon acceleration and steering now only when on throttle regardless of how much throttle but if off throttle or braking. I think it's a cv joint is this a common problem?

Cheers jaz

I found my problem ARB bolt that screws into wishbone has worked its way loose. But its messed some of the threads on the nut and the wishbone. Do i need a special sort of nut & bolt for this or will any do?