K Seal or Radweld for coolant flange leak?

czm

Reaction score
Does anybody know if it is OK to try and a stop a very slight rear coolant flange leak with either K Seal or Radweld type products?

Of course I know is not the ideal solution but just no time atm to replace.

Thanks

Does anybody know if it is OK to try and a stop a very slight rear coolant flange leak with either K Seal or Radweld type products?

Of course I know is not the ideal solution but just no time atm to replace.

K-Seal is the one that sorted my coolant leaks. When I bought mine last May it was losing coolant, I could see stains on the
auxiliary belt so I put some wynns in and that leak stopped but coolant level still dropping with no visible leaks anywhere. A bit of panic set in tbh I was thinking cracked head or head gasket. Put a bottle of K-Seal in and no problem since. 8000k....

Personally - I would not advise using leak sealing products.
This is from personal experience (Tried using it on a dreaded Rover K-series engine, it didn't stop the leak but blocked a few coolant channels within the engine).

If the car is using G12 or the G13 coolant, it has built-in leak inhibitor with a sealer, chances are, if G12-G13 coolant will not seal then it will need repairing.

That is my opinion though.

This is from personal experience (Tried using it on a dreaded Rover K-series engine, it didn't stop the leak but blocked a few coolant channels within the engine).

If the car is using G12 or the G13 coolant, it has built-in leak inhibitor with a sealer, chances are, if G12-G13 coolant will not seal then it will need repairing.

Very helpful..thank you m8

I think I will find the time and replace

Yeh im with Alex on this 1, it was good back in the day but now i wouldnt use it at all!!

So this cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says "Audi!"