Is this Airbag Genuine?

ikucuk

Reaction score
Hi there,
I wanted to upgrade my steering wheel with an tt/s3 steering wheel. For that I bought an airbag from ebay for my new audi s3/tt steering wheel. The seller had good points and comments. However, at the moment I have doubts over the authenticity of the airbag. I didnt like the color of the airbag logo and circle trim on the airbag. Can you guys also look at it and tell me whether it is normal or not?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
I will take a pic off my genuine S3 steering wheel for comparison and i have too say the 1 u have looks genuine as long as it is dual

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

It's a dualstage, you can see it on the connectors.

Just plug it in and see if any error comes up in VCDS.

Thank you guys for the answers. The only thing that bugged me is the color of the circle around the airbag and the logo. It should be more metal like. This one is metallic grey. It should be like metallic aluminum color. What do you guys think about it?

I noticed on mine i didn t have said i circle ?

I noticed on mine i didn t have said i circle ?

The newer facelifted ones have ring on the cover. The color of the ring should be metallic aluminum as far as I know but this one looks like it is metallic grey.

My main issue with this airbag is the color and the shape of thre ring? have you ever seen a genuine Audi airbag with this color ring and the logo? It is metallic gray like a car metallic gray paint

I am a little desperate here, I might request a refund if this airbag is not genuine. Do you think the pins which connects cover to the airbag are genuine?

The airbag is your lifesaver so bring it to a dealer and have a tech inspect it and make sure it is for your car. Dont waste your time looking for answers on the interweb. I would even have them install it so if something happens its in the books

The airbag is your lifesaver so bring it to a dealer and have a tech inspect it and make sure it is for your car. Dont waste your time looking for answers on the interweb. I would even have them install it so if something happens its in the books
you are right. I will make it installed to a professional.