How many miles do you get from a tank of fuel?

RobMorris

Ive got a A3 8P 2.0 Tdi and from brim to light on - I just got 500 miles. I know i could get more if i was driving more carefully.
What do you get on average?

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
600-700 a tank.

1.9 TDI B5

gavsman

480 all around town - with alot of gear changes & not really able to get it in to 4th gear!

Jonay

Ive got a A3 8P 2.0 Tdi and from brim to light on - I just got 500 miles. I know i could get more if i was driving more carefully.
What do you get on average?

I too have the 8P 2.0TDi, I get a little more than 500 on a full tank driving on A & B roads and town driving (not city).

Though when I only fill to a half tank - I don't know if it's psychological or weightsaving - but I get about 300miles from the half tank to the 50mi warning/first red line = 600+miles to a full tank.

hades-

VCDS Map User
1.9 tdi B5 (remap) hybred
best 800ish combined
worst 370 motorway

B6 2.0 mway 450

b7 stage 3 400ish careful 200 heavy foot

Last edited:

slepy

Extremely smart and handsome person.
VCDS Map User
450 miles out of a 100litre tank in Touareg...
450-500 miles in B7 2.0TDI 170 Quattro
Both 95% motorway mileage

N3DXT

8p S3 - 1300 miles on the clock - Approx 300 miles til the light comes on.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Probably too many variables involved to compare unless you are comparing two identical cars and driving style , road conditions etc etc , and that is almost impossible.
Best case will be to get as many as you can for your specific situation.

makelja

Don't know yet. I filled her up on the 22.2.2021 and driven since then 1800km and still have about 7/16 of tank to go.
Only thing I can say; it is dirt cheap to use.
Passat GTE 2020.

Damn, I thought Quattro gave worse MPG than a FWD. I've got a FWD 2.0 TDI and I get 520miles @ 51litres...I suspect I would get another 40miles before completely emptying the tank.