Highest mileage range on 2.5tdi V6???

haytch75

Reaction score
Now I know we should take DIS results with a pinch of salt but I was amazed to see 605 miles range from my V6!
I filled up with VPower as usual, the car was already warmed up, I then drove 64 motorway miles at between 55-65 due to traffic.
Anyone ever had more than this?

051.jpg

I've had about the same, a few months ago I went OCD on fuel economy for a few months!

That's the easy bit, now drive 600 miles ;)

LOL my m8 has got a 98 B5 tdi and his shows 740 miles when filling up

I drove most way to Le mans on one tank last year.

I track my fill-ups using an App....just looked through the records and I did 534 miles between top-ups in September last year. I always fill up before getting near the red for fear of dragging crap through the fuel system. I suppose real world and calculated MPG is more important than tank range.

Liking the odometer reading too - Have you had any engine work done?

Just the usual belts, stat, coolant temp sensor.....had the glow plugs and battery replaced as they were getting tired. I change the oil/flter every 6000miles with Quantum Platinum, only use VPower diesel and keep the revs below 2000rpm until fully warmed up.
The car led a fairly gentle existence before I bought it (retired gent) and has FASH, the previous owner had the high pressure diesel pump replaced.
Even though it still drives amzing, at these kind of miles I do worry that it's going to go 'bang' at some point but I'll keep maintaining it to try avoiding that, and crossing my fingers!

Good to hear that - I picked mine up on 120,000 miles will be happy if mine lasts as long as yours without needing the cams doing!

Those figures are encouraging .My quattro has given 500+ without trying on a steady M/wayish run 70/90 and its an auto but it does have a good tuning box