HELP With RNS-E Retrofit

BradA3G

A4 Avant S-Line
Reaction score
I've recently got a RNS-E Unit from a TT RS, works fine apart from a few issues

I've changed the coding in VCDS so it works properly, im still getting a RF Output ZF Short or Open Circut?

I have read up and apparently, i need a certain cable or antenna to upgrade? as the RNS-E uses a more powerful antenna system

Also when i press the eject button for the screen i have to get a small screwdriver or use my hands to make the screen move, almost like its catching on something? im not sure if this can be fixed, looks like the screen is out of line?

also my aux does not work at all, I do have an aux connection behind the handbrake

if anybody has already done this or has any experience it would be greatly appreciated

I've recently got a RNS-E Unit from a TT RS, works fine apart from a few issues

I've changed the coding in VCDS so it works properly, im still getting a RF Output ZF Short or Open Circut?

I have read up and apparently, i need a certain cable or antenna to upgrade? as the RNS-E uses a more powerful antenna system

Also when i press the eject button for the screen i have to get a small screwdriver or use my hands to make the screen move, almost like its catching on something? im not sure if this can be fixed, looks like the screen is out of line?

also my aux does not work at all, I do have an aux connection behind the handbrake

if anybody has already done this or has any experience it would be greatly appreciated
Check out this link for your aerial problem ( http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/converting-symphony-ii-antenna-system-use-with-rnse.67896/ )
As for the screen opening have you checked coding as there is a bot in there i am sure about the screen .
The Aux if you have coded correctly you should hard reset rnse ( hold set up radio same time let it do its bit then go back into rnse ( source top right button ) check see if you see Aux if so you beauty .
Have you moved your pin to number 7 in the blue connector within quadlock if you have full bose

On the RNS-E the AUX pins have to be in the separate 32 pin socket and not in the Quadlock. You need to buy a 32 pin plug from an Audi dealer (1JO972977G) and then remove pins 1, 3 and 7 from the Quadlock connector B and insert them into slots 22, 21 and 6 respectively in the 32 pin plug.