front suspension arm kit?

hitman1978

Reaction score
Just curious if anybody has any experiences with the full front suspension arm kits from eBay,I've got a slight knocking from the front end so thought id just change the whole lot while I'm at it, I've seen full kits for 150 with 1 years warranty, if they're crap anyone got any recommendations?

just replace the worn parts with decent ones

Go to All German Parts, they'll sort you out. I got a cheap one from Germany for one of my B5s, and have been REALLY lucky. It lasted 30,000 miles - however, I seem to be in a lucky minority of one!
The other B5 got the full Meyle kit from All German recently How to replace front and rear suspension parts (with pics), with a 4 year guarantee. I am just starting to look at replacing the cheapo lower arms now (have the new Meyle ones in the box at home) It really is worth holding out until you can afford the good kit. If you really must do it in bits, it would be better to do the top two as a set or the bottom two as a set because of the work involved.

Yep I can also recommend WOTmotorsport and the 034 parts.

Reactions: HEKTOR
you would have to ring them and double check but im pretty sure it is

they do sell all the parts separately for the B6 too so they should do a kit

Just curious if anybody has any experiences with the full front suspension arm kits from eBay,I've got a slight knocking from the front end so thought id just change the whole lot while I'm at it, I've seen full kits for 150 with 1 years warranty, if they're crap anyone got any recommendations?

Plus one!

From what i know of the ebay arms, they are not very good and do not last all that long. False economy in my opinion. Going for something like the 034 motorsport or meyle kit mentioned in this thread would be your best option and both kits are tried an tested.

I run the 034 Motorsport kit on my own car and it has made a huge difference to the car it is now able to handle the 650bhp and does not suffer that vague floaty feeling at speed. With Ali having run his arms for a while im sure he will be able to give some good feedback on the arms and how they perform.

have just got a set off german ebay for £368 delivered. Meyle HD too.

Use lemfoder (OE) or meyle HD imo.

Ive just compared the part numbers. This one (116 050 0029/HD) as mentioned above seems to be for the B5. However this one 116 050 0083/HD is for the B6.

Is there really any differences to the part and price? They look the same in the pictures

Just got a full set of arms from a local car store, they're the oe lemfoder but no new bolts yet for £280, start the joy of fitting tomorrow

The fitting went really well, not, snapped three sockets and 1 extension trying to get my wheel off, didn't bode well for the rest, so of course the pinch bolt wouldn't budge no matter what I did, chose easy option, booked in at garage for Monday

fitted arms this weekend, all arms were knackered. 197,000 miles and 10 years on original arms lol.

Drives side took 5 hours, passenger side took ages as had to take suspension leg off to press bolts out.

laser allignment done, got lucky with front camber being correct on both sides lol.

Its funny how you just posted.....Im doing the whole Meyle HD kit now as I speak.....Boy is my mind everywhere.

That pinch bolt deserves a slap up its backside for being a such a pain up my a**.

Ive just now done the driver side. Now passenger side.
d4b78001-e331-c4a3.jpg

mine went from bad to worse, on my way to dropcar off at garage for the arms doing, my steering rack gave up the ghost

Well now the passenger side went better then the driver. Still had to cut and wack it out but less force was used so Im happy.

Now fitting the new bits and hopefully it will be smooth.

Never ever want to do that again!

Shame about the power steering rack - thats a pain in the ****, unfortunately with cars they tend to want more parts just after you have purchased a load!

Mine is on 124,000 miles now and I am starting to notice a slight knock from the front offside when driving over slightly uneven surfaces - I wont be changing them for at least for a few months (still trying to resuscitate my credit card from the purchase of new cams and timing gear)

I am tempted by the uprated 034 motorsport ones, but having the 2.5TDi im not sure if my car will have the power to make use of them (if you get me)

mine were so bad that when heavy breaking from speed, the front would vibrate and the car would wonder!

just make sure you tighten the arms to correct torque, and with suspension in fully laden position, as per the elsawin manual, or them new bushes won't be lasting very long at all.

i don't like hammering very stubborn bolts out as it can't be good for the steering rack.

I just swapped rear wheels to front and noticed half coil broken on bottom of rear spring, and crumbling bump stops. It's never ending

Im looking for a kit for my B6 A4 and was considering Meyle HD or 034 Motorsport. Whats the story with the difference in price of a 034 Motorsport kit between US and UK..massive difference. £310 from US or if purchased in UK £490.

I can purchase the Meyle HD kit for £310 so ill go with them..

Hol necro thread Batman!

I recently went Meyle HD after looking at all options and prices.

I had it done at same time at springs and struts and it feels fantastic.

Reactions: stevewr1