FMIC Vs SMIC!

Mr.Blonde

Reaction score
Im going to upgrade my intercooler soon and was just wondering which is better & the pros and cons of the FMIC & SMIC??

Fmic is simply better, purely because its getting the most air at the front,

BUT!...
There harder to fit than smic

Fmic also look alot better :)

im running both..with no issues 2 sides plus slim front one quite an easy install too, no crash bar cut, fogs kept, headlight washers kept, 63mm pipework 100% effiency

What fmic are you running dave? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? I like the sound of your set up, as I don't want to take out the bottom section of my front grill, or touch the crash bar...

im running all three to mate and set me back for all the kit £160 was well chuft

Hi

Do you have any photo's or links to where you got the inter cooler etc from?

Easy install???

Cheers
Andy

What fmic are you running dave? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? I like the sound of your set up, as I don't want to take out the bottom section of my front grill, or touch the crash bar...

I just bought a kit of ebay off an honda, any universal one will do , try to get the correct size piping 63mm
cost me about £100 all in

I've looked at that one too but it's too thinck to be able to fit without cutting the crash bar. It's also a little small height wise. Dave said there should be room for a max of about 225m.

The main problem is that all the coolers with 63mm in/outs are much bigger. We need to find a medium sized cooler with 63mm ends. Everything I've seen has been 57mm which would require a few reducers.

im running both..with no issues 2 sides plus slim front one quite an easy install too, no crash bar cut, fogs kept, headlight washers kept, 63mm pipework 100% effiency

ever checked the pressure pre-1st intercooler vs @ manifold?