Finally a budget build thread from me!

Lee_R

Reaction score
After 2 years and posting hardly any pics I thought it was about time to show you what i've been up to!

I started with a standard 2004 TDI S line DSG, factory options of parking sensors, Bose, interior light pack, auto lights/wipers. I liked it at first as it seemed upmarket and classy but i soon got bored and like many new guys on Audi Sport, needed to do some mods! After poking around a bit i noticed modding or upgrading an Audi is expensive business so with a new house and new mortgage taking my cash i decided to do everything as cheap as possible and enjoyed the challenge

Here it is with its first mod, some french spec plates, why? German ones are so 2008 ladies!

DSCF0082.jpg

It wasnt long before i started to wish I had paid the extra for a facelift but after some searching on ebay I got what i needed, bonnet £100, bumper and grille £100 both in akoya, unfortunateky the bonnet was off an 07 so had the later akoya colour code but thought i'd live with it! I got the spanners out and set about it

bumoer.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

Looked weird with the pre facelift bonnet!

DSCF0091.jpg

07 bonnet was a pain to fit on my own so called my dad round to help, went on quite easy!

DSCF0092.jpg

I left it like that for a while, £200 well spent:yum: Anyway the MOT said my tyres were knackered but my wheels were tatty so I spotted these reps on ebay, complete with tyres for £399 delivered. Sold my OEM ones for £350 so £50 to change was a bargain! Also added some 09 rear lights

IMG_0030.jpg

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

After this there was not much more I could do without some cash so started to save up and across the year I got the following

Eibach 50/40 Sportlines, £90 second hand off pistonheads
Votex Front spoiler, £60 fom Stafford Audi parts bin
Votex Skirts £90 from an Audi dealer down south somewhere who advertise don ebay
Votex rear £80 from Milton Keynes Audi

Looking at a lot of pics I decided the Votex rear looked rubbish and finally sold it to Fran! :) I made it my mission to get a facelift rear but it proved difficult as I needed the parking sensor version. Around 4 months later i dropped on a black edition bumper complete with sensors, I drove 400 mile round trip for it and I'm not afraid to admit, I think it was stolen. The guy was super shady and had way to many premium audi parts for what looked like a heroin addict with no teeth!:detective2: I'd driven a long way and it was a bargain so sod the morals and gave him the £125 for it

Time for the bodyshop so i got an FK black grille to throw on, was £56 delivered from FK in Germany. I decided to have the whole front end resprayed so it all looked mint. Here she looks now

DSCF0398.jpg

FK Grille

DSCF0400.jpg

Ahh only a few inches clearance!

DSCF0399.jpg

Skirts look tidy, quite good lows for a spring kit!

DSCF0401.jpg

DSCF0402.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

DSCF0404.jpg

New powerflow exhaust and Golf mk5 rear Aero wiper

DSCF0405.jpg

hope you like!:sm4:

window tints next and finally some OEM 19's to please Nathan!:p

the front bumper you have on your car its off a sports model yeah? does the black grill just fit straight on without any modification?

the front bumper you have on your car its off a sports model yeah? does the black grill just fit straight on without any modification?

No just the lower spoiler, the bumper is standard. The grille is a straight swap yes.

looks well man. What size are the wheels, 18x8? i love that grill, ive the fk one with the honeycomb style mesh but i think i prefer yours!

did you get it off ebay for £56 or was it direct from fk? do you know what the style was on the website one looks too shiny and the other has no audi rings.

looks nice mate some nice mods there , im going to be taking a trip to audi to get me a rear spoiler in the next rew weeks as it needs one badly lol

Great thread mate, loved seeing how you got your car looking so good without throwing silly money at it.

Looks great Lee. Came along way :) Alloys & grill look good aswell. Haha what oem 19s you asking Nate to get you?
This just made me laugh:laugh:
I drove 400 mile round trip for it and I'm not afraid to admit, I think it was stolen. The guy was super shady and had way to many premium audi parts for what looked like a heroin addict with no teeth

Well done Lee, looks nice :wub: Sits well on springs cuz u have fat tyres lad :p

Yeah 40 profiles are for the ride comfort! lol My dad thinks they are like rubber bands!

As for wheels, I really fancy some speedlines like you had in red but thinking akoya centers? Mmm need to save though, Mrs conned me into new windows for christmas so i'm all out of mod money!

I'll have a set for sale as per sig. Speedlines are sick man all day long. Yeh I know what your saying about comfort, I've gone for a 215/40/18 on a 8.5 for winter, rides really nice, but then it looks so GAY.

Roll on 19s for UD :ninja::sly:

Looking good Lee just shows the bargains you can pick up on eBay. Personally I never pay full price for anything n8 will confirm this ;)