Few little problems.

s5joe

Reaction score
Rite I have two little problems the first one I have been loosing coolant but there is no sign of any leaks anywhere so what's the next thing to do. Secondly the car runs a bit rough when it gets hot only on idle it does it tho. Any help thanks.

I'm not an expert, infact i'm pretty limited but if theres no sign of a leak at all and your having temprature related problems it could be the head gasket :sob:, Check coolant for been oily or do an oil change and see if theres any water in the used oil. Also go out ant let someone follow you when your at temprature ask the peeps if theres any water vapour in the form of steam from your exhaust.

Theres prob other things too and i'm sure someone will give you a better answer than me, but be prepared.

I've was loosing coolant for a while, and couldn't find any leaks. But then eventually i found small amounts on top of the gearbox, turned out it was leaking between the CTS and head.

This part
e9c3d630.jpg

Hunting at idle could be MAF related, or a small vac leak.

I'll have a look at that part mate. It's not hunting it's just feels rough it's just had a new maf about 4 weeks ago.

Rough as in vibration? Or rough as fluctuation? If its vibration is check you dog bone mount. Cleaned your TB? Injectors?

I have done the tb and had it reset. How do I do the injectors I know it sounds dumb but not everyone knows.

how much coolant you been losing?
running hotter then normal ?

I have done the tb and had it reset. How do I do the injectors I know it sounds dumb but not everyone knows.

Take them out and stick them in a ultrasonic cleaner that's normally used for jewellery and watches etc. I've not done it myself and mine are originals that have covered 110k. One of those things at the bottom of my todo list atm.

It's been running at normal temp I would say a cup full a month.

I will look into getting one of them than mate thanks for that.

A cup full amount isn't that much, so I'd say you have a very small leak, probably only when it's really under pressure.

Same situation I had. I knew I was loosing coolant. I'd start it up and look around. No leaks. It's annoying

Yer I have had a look around but found nothing ill just keep my eye on it.

I have a small leak from the water pump since it was swapped for a metal impellored one
Not very obvious and mainly collects on the undertray but small pink build up can be seen as bill says