Exhaust advice

mac6967

Reaction score
Hi all... looking for some advice re exhausts. I have a 2007 S3 8P with a stage 1 remap, stock exhaust with a hole where the arrows pointing below. Firstly, this section shown here is one part right? It doesn't split into 2? I've looked at miltek exhausted and they come in 4 sections, which makes me question if this part does come apart. Secondly, I can only find the down pipe, from miltek, for a stage 2, nothing for stock or stage 1, but they do a rear section for a stock/stage 1, or am I missing something? Lastly what exhausts are you all running on your stage 1's? I want a non res rear section and something on the front section that's not too loud but will give me a little more power.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190417_180355.jpg
    20190417_180355.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 210
I ran a catless 3" downpipe on stage nothing .... Didn't even have a tune ....

Before that I ran a stock Mk6 R downpipe with res delete and pre-cat delete.

These engines aren't really affected by downpipes .... There just needed if you do have stage 2.

I'd just cut that whole split section, out and weld in a piece of piping .... Basically a res delete .... It'll be cheap and effectively fix your exhaust leak and also make your exhaust sound much better .... Also delete the pre-cat and it'll definitely give a you a few horses ....

Sent from my highchair using Tapacar

Reactions: mac6967
Cheers for the advice dude. I was reading up on the pre cat delete but couldn't find any info on the UK MOT, not sure it would pass when I next have it tested

Just remember when you start chopping up exhausts and putting back together you can run the risk off errors showing up in an Autoscan , then you will be looking to fix those , might be worth if you can afford a Custom exhaust build for Audi's recommendation is the BCS powervalve turbo back

Cheers for the advice dude. I was reading up on the pre cat delete but couldn't find any info on the UK MOT, not sure it would pass when I next have it tested
When I did pre-cat delete, it didn't throw any codes .... And doesn't smell any different .... And doesn't look any different because you don't chop the pre-cat off, you just hammer it out with a chisel .... Set up so no bits can fall done the downpipe .... With a mask and goggles cuz it's poisonness ....

Does MOT have a sniffer test at the tailpipe?

Also, how many 02 sensors do you have?

Just the one in front of the pre-cat and after the main cat right?

I have 2 I think, one at the top of the down pipe and one after the first cat. They hand en emission reader out the back pipe and the new law is they check for manufactures cats to check they're there ....

I read some good things about the BCS exhausts, pricey ☹

The more are no aftermarket stage 1 downpipes as far as I know. Normally someone changes the downpipe in order to release more power and so going to stage 2 with appropriate software.

@miltybilty Canada and the UK will have different testing rules and regs - yes we do have a sniffer test as of the MOT. Also, NA and EU car builds may have different emission requirements.

@mac6967 the part you've highlighted is a flexi joint; understandable that it's split. You could replace this whole section with a new piece of pipe. A downpipe is typically fitted for Stg2 or beyond. You could do this now but without a remap you're unlikely to gain any benefit. If you remove the Cat you'll likely get a warning light flash but also face MOT issues. The Miltek pipe mid/back section you've found is fine for stock, stg1, 2, 2+ and possibly beyond!

As you're already Stg1, if you do fit a DP and cat-back exhaust you should consider getting your map tweeked to take advantage of the higher flow as you're essentially Stg2 - assuming you have an intake.

Reactions: ch1z64
Hi there
Apologies in advance if I've posted in wrong place, after some advise
I have a 2.0t a3, it had a res delete and put back to stock before I got the car, it started blowing bad so I done the res delete again and didn't like the sound especially on over run, so had a box put back in, a stainless custom box, the box is not in the same place further towards front of car, it has quietend the sound on over run but is a little loud mid range revs, the guys said it will get quieter in time when the box fills up?
I'm looking for just a bit more sound than stock, any advice, many thanks