engine mounts

73pop

Reaction score
Is any body running uprated ones or have any suggestions? This is the next on my list as i work to stage3.

Good black friday deal would be good:smiley:

Not yet but also toying with this .... Revo have just launched some and will be doing some BF discounts ;o)

Reactions: pburv
Had vibratechnic mounts on my old mk1 focus rs, stiffened the front end up no end, but did cause it to be quite rattly, then again it was a 14 year old Ford!

Not sure if they do them for the audi but would have thought they would.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and 73pop
A good start would be the 034 motorsports engine mount insert. I have it on my Mk7R and tightened up the engine movement noticeably with no extra vibrations at all.

Reactions: batch, RedRS3Reilly, pburv and 2 others
A good start would be the 034 motorsports engine mount insert. I have it on my Mk7R and tightened up the engine movement noticeably with no extra vibrations at all.

Not seen this ..... easy to fit ?

Ah, are you referring to the dogbone mount at the torque arm bushing strap to gearbox ?

Ah, are you referring to the dogbone mount at the torque arm bushing strap to gearbox ?
Think the guy with the red stage 3 car fitted this to his takes pressure of the transfer box think he said

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Think the guy with the red stage 3 car fitted this to his takes pressure of the transfer box think he said

I have one on mine - it's helped a lot to eliminate the occasional notchy abrupt gear changes. For what it costs pretty much a must have.

Reactions: zippster and pburv
have been toying with this also ? worth it? easy to fit? do i need a lift to fit one?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: 73pop, Rob2k68 and pburv
have been toying with this also ? worth it? easy to fit? do i need a lift to fit one?

Thanks in advance

Yes do it !!

Only potential issue is if the engine moves when you remove the bolt to fit the 034 mount - you may then need a mate to pull from the back of the engine forward so that you can get it bolted back up. Much easier to do if off the ground on a ramp.

Reactions: zippster and pburv
American but try Black Forest industries. All 3 mounts are around $400 and probably have a BF sale.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yes do it !!

Only potential issue is if the engine moves when you remove the bolt to fit the 034 mount - you may then need a mate to pull from the back of the engine forward so that you can get it bolted back up. Much easier to do if off the ground on a ramp.

so if i drove up on ramps there would be no chance of the engine moving?

sounds like a plan rob.. always making me spend money.. i also need to talk to you about the revo MQB as i want one of them too! :)

so if i drove up on ramps there would be no chance of the engine moving?

sounds like a plan rob.. always making me spend money.. i also need to talk to you about the revo MQB as i want one of them too! :)

Haha LoL I'm a bad influence :friends:

Easier if on a four poster ramp so that if the engine does move you can see the holes out of line and know what way to move the engine - laying on your back and installing it at arms length is not the easiest if the engine moves not saying it will but for 2 out of 3 people I know that fitted it themselves it moved and was a bit of a pig to re-align. Now that we have that learning happy to share some tips over PM or on the phone mate.

Reactions: zippster
I took the easy install option of popping into my mechanic. Lifted on hoist and simple remove bolt, put mount in place and put bolt back in. 2 min job.

+1 for the 034 engine mount on a Black Friday sale!
I've glued to the screen for any deals.
Will report back if I have any luck. And vis verse I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKC, couldn't agree more. I got stung big delivery cost to Australia too. If I had looked more could have saved $20+ but oh well. It's still a cheap mod and does exactly what it's advertised to do.

Same one I went for :)

Attachments

• IMG_0536.PNG
    IMG_0536.PNG
    836.7 KB · Views: 207
75471d9ba73237212ec2ffe82d6aebf4.jpg

Got a somewhat decent screenshot of my engine mount after 4 takes, was getting kind of frustrated as I had to do it in 5/10mins. Sliding the cardboard in and out then checking the footage

Awaiting till Monday hear from 'Awesome' for a prices on some Eibach Sportlines

So till then I engine mount will also be hold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG 2133
IMG 2136
IMG 2137

Can any one suggest what version I need. 1st is mine, 2nd is version 1, 3rd is version 2 ?

Attachments

• IMG_2133.JPG
    IMG_2133.JPG
    400.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2136.PNG
    IMG_2136.PNG
    288.2 KB · Views: 194
Thanks gents part ordered.

In the new year my new clutch will be getting fitted, well get the bad weather out the way with.

Bumping this up - any more updates or thoughts since November 2016>?

I will be going stage 2 in my DSG S3 after the summer and I have revo engine and gearbox mounts in my 8P where I noticed a great difference

This is my first DSG car so not sure if that would make a difference or not but what is the general opinion? Do it??

What brand? 034? Revo?

I’ve recently replaced my 034 for the Revo dogbone mount and feel a decent improvement - smoother changes and seems to pick up quicker.