Dog bone mount insert.

How about Black Forrest Industries dogbone insert?

Seem to get good reviews

What potential issues!?

I’m having brake issues at the moment after fitting aftermarket so I’m wary of doing anything else until that sorted, well I won’t until my brakes are.

I like what I hear about these dogbone mounts, I went for this one because of the poly bush to try and stop excess vibration. Something that’s alarmed me is a member saying in this thread about a jolt on start, I don’t fancy that haha! Looks like it could be a bit of a ballache to do on the floor because of how tight it has to go.

Reactions: Naylor92
I’m having brake issues at the moment after fitting aftermarket so I’m wary of doing anything else until that sorted, well I won’t until my brakes are.

I like what I hear about these dogbone mounts, I went for this one because of the poly bush to try and stop excess vibration. Something that’s alarmed me is a member saying in this thread about a jolt on start, I don’t fancy that haha! Looks like it could be a bit of a ballache to do on the floor because of how tight it has to go.
Why what have you fitted to be having brake issues chap? I’m not having brake issues as such but I’m having really squeaky ones although I have new reyland j hook discs but I think the dealer who I bought the car from put crap pads in? Would that explain it?
Get a garage to fit the dog bone mount insert? It takes like 30 mins.

I went for APR lower dogbone bushing Insert plus APR spherical pendulum Mount. One of the best mods I have done. Completely transformed the way the gearbox works. The shifts are so amazingly crisp and quick. Naturally you feel it more when spirited driving, but it is noticeable all the time. I drive with TVS DSG tune stage 2+ and combined with this hardware it is wonderful (I had the TVS before I installed the hardware, so the improvements I noticed are just from the hardware).
Edited to say that I did not notice more vibrations. Maybe a little on overrun. But nothing significant.
Nardo5

I went for APR lower dogbone bushing Insert plus APR spherical pendulum Mount. One of the best mods I have done. Completely transformed the way the gearbox works. The shifts are so amazingly crisp and quick. Naturally you feel it more when spirited driving, but it is noticeable all the time. I drive with TVS DSG tune stage 2+ and combined with this hardware it is wonderful (I had the TVS before I installed the hardware, so the improvements I noticed are just from the hardware).
Edited to say that I did not notice more vibrations. Maybe a little on overrun. But nothing significant.
View attachment 245013

Yep this is one of the biggest bangs for the buck you can do, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk