debadge....??

Grae

Reaction score
Right guys been thinking about debadging the rear of my car, i know its only a 2sec job and easy to do however here is my predicament.....

This might be a bit of badge snobbery :blush: but i like people to see that my car is a 3.0 quattro (sad i know) ok im not bothered about the audi or A4 badge, but then just leaving the 3.0 quattro badge might look a bit stupid, what do you guys think?? All or nothing??

Here's a pic of how it looks now....

A4-13.jpg

A4-12-1.jpg

Personally I think your car looks totally :o.k: and debadging it won't add anything to it - and may even detract from it. Leave it as it is I say :hi:

Get rid of the badges, give it that smoother look.
Im getting rid of my 4rings aswell.

Dont leave the 3.0 on it alone, it'll look daft. Like you say, all or nothing!!:cool:

I took mine off for the simple reason it makes cleaning and polishing a bit easier! Has grown on me over time and I think the back end looks smoother with just the 4 rings remaining.

i like the 4 rings, it has impact. I took off my a4 badges but kept the 1.8T and the rings. Will post piccies tomorrow to let you see what it looks like.

Might take off the 1.8t badge but i reckon i'll keep the rings, it is an Audi after all :)

If that in itself doesnt mean anything, why do we all have one?

:happy:

Heres Grae's car with a selection of different looks:

Standard:

A4-13.jpg

No A4:

A4-13_no_a4.jpg

Badge moved to tail light area:

A4-13_tail_light_badge.jpg

Just Rings:

A4-13_just_rings.jpg

No badges:

A4-13_none.jpg

So you can make a comparison :)

i prefer the no badges pic. i took the badges of my previous b5 s4, i wasnt bothered about people knowing if it was an s4 or not

i've got an older copy of redline mag wiv a 1.8t runnin 550 brake and the yank lad has debadged it all, includin the rings but he's put a rear brake light in its place so that the 4 rings light up when braking, not to my taste personally but its different, sayin that his car is in a dark gray and shows up the red better, whereas your car is already red so it probably wouldn't make so much of a big impression!!:think:

Yeah I prefer the complete Bald look.
Defo gonna take mine off.
Im changing my grill too, just deciding between 2 at the Mo, both have No Audi badge either.

Aslong as I know Im still driving an Audi then thats good enough for me.
:yes:

i've got an older copy of redline mag wiv a 1.8t runnin 550 brake and the yank lad has debadged it all, includin the rings but he's put a rear brake light in its place so that the 4 rings light up when braking, not to my taste personally but its different, sayin that his car is in a dark gray and shows up the red better, whereas your car is already red so it probably wouldn't make so much of a big impression!!:think:

...that Sounds good to me, I wont be doing it though!

...that Sounds good to me, I wont be doing it though![/QUOTE]
Ha ha ha! Don't worry fella, i shant be doin another uk 1st with that! Altho if your likin the whole bald thing i'd love to meet your mrs! Ho ho ho!

...that Sounds good to me, I wont be doing it though!
Ha ha ha! Don't worry fella, i shant be doin another uk 1st with that! Altho if your likin the whole bald thing i'd love to meet your mrs! Ho ho ho![/quote]

:) ...if you have any Door blades hanging around then Im sure we could come to some sort of arrangement!! :yum:

:) ...if you have any Door blades hanging around then Im sure we could come to some sort of arrangement!! :yum:[/QUOTE]

Mate, i like your style! Hee hee! Door blades??

:) ....Yeah the door blades that sit on the bottom of the doors. S4 or Sline will do, Been after some for ages, well hard to get.....for a decent price!!!

do ya mean like sill protectors-kick plates, or do you mean those ridge bits that sit along the skirts?

I think keep just the rings, you should be proud of the make but let people guess the model. If it was a ford or something you should try as much as you can to disguise what make it is.

Yeah the Ridge bits that sit along the Bottom of the actual door!

Well i reckon i might have seen a set on the shop floor buddy, give me abit to find out, but best tell your lady to get the kettle on and get comfy!

Well i reckon i might have seen a set on the shop floor buddy, give me abit to find out, but best tell your lady to get the kettle on and get comfy!

...If you do then gis a shout mate, Ill have them off you yesterday!!...
oh and dont worry about the Mrs, she's Prep'd ready to go :arco:

i like people to see that my car is a 3.0 quattro

I kept my badges for exactly this reason!! No offense to other engine owners but I liked the fact it made it clear it was a 3.0, in fact im pretty sure it gave me less bother from other wanting to race. Got a mate with a 330 ci sport beemer which is debaged & he's frequently being goaded on at the lights.

cheers for pics Evilscotsman

Still not to sure but will give it some thought and let you guys know:cool:

your welcome mate :)

I think Im gonna shave mine to just the rings, the twin exhausts mean business anyway, and when young lads see the 1.8t badge they seem to think "hah - a 1.8t in a big a4, i'll spank it wi my civic / corsa / bmw....doesnt happen, but they try anyway! I reckon the 1.8 badge just goads them on like "go on, you might beat me....." and I agree if it was a 3.0 badge then thats more like a warning sticker!

Still like just the rings myself (imho) but its all personal taste. When I get my remap and im runnin over 200bhp and its scrapin the tarmac, i'll get even more fun out of it, and without the capacity badge, they'll never know what they were up against lol