Debadge or not ?

What did you use? Paint thinners I thought might work but don't want to damage the plastic, might try this at the weekend when I have nothing better to do!:sm4:

I used the side of a cheese grater and then smoothed the whole thing off with a butane gas torch and a hot knife :) I have already de wipered the front and put that new 100% opaque laminex over the lights so i dont use the stalks much now except to hang my fluffy dice on. neat !! Next job is to do away with all the mirrors !! I mean how yesterday are mirrors ???? :drag:

I used the side of a cheese grater and then smoothed the whole thing off with a butane gas torch and a hot knife :) I have already de wipered the front and put that new 100% opaque laminex over the lights so i dont use the stalks much now except to hang my fluffy dice on. neat !! Next job is to do away with all the mirrors !! I mean how yesterday are mirrors ???? :drag:
:lmfao:
you may as well fit jet packs to the car and take it flying
back-to-the-future.jpg

Reactions: paddy
Has any of the pro debadging people used nail polish remover to get rid of the goo left behind by the letters? Safe to use?

Has any of the pro debadging people used nail polish remover to get rid of the goo left behind by the letters? Safe to use?

Not sure, but wd40 was ok, and sticky stuff remover is very cheap from stationary shops... (no paddy, that doesn't mean shops that can't move!!)

Reactions: paddy
Anyone thought of de-car-ing their badges ?... I had caddy pickup years ago took the badges off and dumped the car :)..how cool is that :)

Ha ..you think i am joking ?....I put the badges on my VR6 and turned it into a 1.6 Caddy hatchback :)

I've got an old 1.2 Vauxhall Nova badge in my garage. What's it worth?

Had Dennis Bishop round today from Mobile car valeting and detailing services for kent. - A.C Valeting
To give my phantom pearl a little top up...
Results blinding as always, and a nice guy too.. I asked him his opinion on debadging my car, and he said that he thought badges are just a manufacturers way of you advertising a particular model for them, and he much prefers the lines of the back of a car with just the manufacturers logo in the centre of the boot..!
Having said that, he quite liked the sline badges on the wings as he said they added a small splash of colour to the sides to break up the black a bit..
So looks like i might go for the full debadge after all!
Or I could get those badges off you instead paddy:tumble:

Yea but you have had two Nova's and a Corsa so it dosnt suprise me :wacko:.......dont see a S3 in your Sig :)

Ohhhh hello old thread.. Lol.. I have now a s3 and yes de badged..

Debadge looks better ;)

Reactions: 45bvtc
De-badge - plain and simple, tell 'em nothing:

WESTON_DSCF0073x_zpsyrmet8cg.jpg

Nearly 5 years on from this thread and we are all still de-badging, how cool is that,
Definitely de-badge if you are stage 1 or above. But not if your standard tune on an S3, and definatly not tuned or not in an RS3, come on its an RS3.

I decided to remove my TDI and A3 badge within the first couple of weeks . I have an S3/RS3 bodykit so left the S-line badges to make it a bit more unique .

Still debating whether i should put an RS6 badge on though :grin::snake:

Well this pic has just convinced me to debadge my Sportback. I was unsure until I saw this. Love it.

It does work for me, TomL83; makes the car almost anonymous:

Ellastone P1000186x

Reactions: TomL83
Might de-badge mine....then re-badge with this maybe??

Or maybe this??

Or should I just stop at de-badging? Lol

I've de-badged my rear Audi rings but have kept the S3 badge on, I'm planning on de-wipering the rear (received my glass grommet today!) as I like the smooth look appearance.

Or should I just stop at de-badging? Lol

I prefer the bottom badge out of the two but I'd stop at the de-badge myself.

Reactions: Adam916
De-badged the front, too
Capel Curig P1010776 mod

Sorry...

Reactions: S. and TomL83
Sorry audismart :rugby: lol.

Just done the de-badge and think I'm going to leave it like this.

Reactions: 45bvtc, TomL83 and audismart
Looking good that.
Looks just like mine, I think mine was from the factory.
Cheers mate :chuncky:

Next thing is to get rid of the rest of the chrome (around the grille). Don't want a gloss black grille like the S3 because...well it ain't one lol. Was thinking of getting a de-badged grille and getting it done in matt black then doing the Audi emblem on the back in the same colour and possibly get the roof rails powdercoated the same. I don't mind the aluminium rails it's the chrome I want rid of really just think they might look good with the rest of the matt black.

Any thoughts?

If your gonna do it then you have to go the full hog and get the black s line badges too.
Myself I like my chrome on the dolphin grey, I wish it had chrome window surrounds like on the A4.
images

Debadged my A3 Sportback today and it looks much better

Before:

20160425 122005

After:

20160425 131237

20160425 131302

Just need some new number plates now to finish it off.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Adam916