New A3 - No roof rails or debadge options?

KWells1979

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting to hand back my company 2016 A4 for a while and now finally have the option to change it to an A3.

I specced one a few months ago S-Line Sportback, Daytona Grey, Privacy Glass, Aluminium Roof Rails and remove all rear badges. When I now go to the Configurator the option of roof rails and removing badges is no longer there?! Have they stopped this option? I always thought the roof rails made the A3 look better and I also wanted to put my bike on the roof every now and again so these would have made it much easier.

Badges I can remove myself but can anyone confirm if roof rails are an option? Thought I’d get a better response from here rather than speaking to local Audi dealer who probably wouldn’t have a clue.

Are you spec’ing a brand new car? If so, the 8V forum members may be able to provide a better response, this is the 8P (old platform) forum.

Badges you could remove, roof rails - yes they can be retrospectively added but would you do this to a new car?!

Yes, this is for a new build. Sorry, I picked this section as it was the only one that mentioned Sportback. I’m never sure on what is the latest model number.

I can remove the badges easily enough. I wouldn’t retrofit the roof rails. If they’re no longer an option then so be it but was just a bit surprised/disappointed to see they’re no longer available.

Reactions: samuelh_888