Dealer washed my car! I'm LIVID !

I'm glad that you either don't care about the state of your paint or can't see damage like swirl marks, it's one less thing for you to worry about. It was pretty clear that they had used a wash brush which obviously had grit or other dirt in it as you could quite clearly see the marks of the brush across the sepang blue in any light. They had ruined the paint work. Now I don't doubt that looking at the state of most peoples cars and the state of the cars in the used approved section of the dealers covered in swirls marks, that the vast majority don't give a damn about their paint work, or are just oblivious to it. I on the other hand take pride in how my car looks so I do notice and do take offense. My car has been detailed on a regular basis since new and will continue to be. I'm glad you don't feel the need, but please don't judge when you know **** all about what your talking about.

You must be the easiest wind-up on this forum!! lol

Firstly, none of us have any idea what marks or otherwise are on the OP's car because he didn't provide any pics so I can only assume you're talking about your car?

Why the sweeping assumptions regarding the state of our cars? My paintwork is absolutely immaculate!

I totally agree with Warwick, the chances of damage so bad that a full pro detail is required are miniscule..............and I'd go further to say there may be those who have claimed it just to get a freebie out of the dealer (well come on there are a few scallywags around we all know it!!)

Reactions: pburv, richinsoton, Jassyo06 and 5 others
Ok, sorry I've been away so long..

Not obvious signs of any major swirling from what I can see in the light. However, there are 2 scratches about 6" long and parallel to one another that I'm sure weren't there before.

I've informed the dealer of this. I know its my word against theirs but if they'd not washed it then there would be no doubt at all.
I realise it should have been ME that should have told them. Yes, I am angry with myself for not doing this. It was picked up in a rush though and in the rain which is why I probably forgot. I still didn't think it would be valeted for a tyre repair though.

And for those of you wondering why it was with the dealer for a tyre repair..... it had been in previously for an alloy refurb and came back losing air.

Reactions: richinsoton and Ruhel

Not obvious signs of any major swirling from what I can see in the light. However, there are 2 scratches about 6" long and parallel to one another that I'm sure weren't there before.

I've informed the dealer of this. I know its my word against theirs but if they'd not washed it then there would be no doubt at all.
I realise it should have been ME that should have told them. Yes, I am angry with myself for not doing this. It was picked up in a rush though and in the rain which is why I probably forgot. I still didn't think it would be valeted for a tyre repair though.

And for those of you wondering why it was with the dealer for a tyre repair..... it had been in previously for an alloy refurb and came back losing air.
My dealer cleans my car both inside and out whenever I visit them Sometimes they offer to do it for me even if I've just called in for a chat.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Sandra

Ouch. Make sure they sort them out. Hope they are superficial.

Well I didn't want to point the finger your way...I just assumed you would ;)

Yeah I think he's taking the 'yellow stuff' because of this thread :)

What Custard.....lol

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog, WarwickL and 1 other person
. Only when I saw the video from the workshop that they sent me did the horrible truth hit me.

They sent you a video ?

Is this something dealers do in Europe ?

I've had one dealer send me a photo of my new car prior pickup (only on request) but have never heard of them sending videos ?

Feeling very unspecial now.

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and 2 others
The dealership I used to take my BMW to always used to manage to Hoover up the pound coins from the small change left in the ashtray.

Reactions: pburv, richinsoton, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
They sent you a video ?

Is this something dealers do in Europe ?

I've had one dealer send me a photo of my new car prior pickup (only on request) but have never heard of them sending videos ?

Feeling very unspecial now.

Yep - this is the latest way Audi try to make you feel, 'special' (and prove they really have done the job you've just paid them a fortune to do). Handy when they find the unexpected and want your approval to proceed with unauthorised work, but for the OPs job - probably a bit OTT!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68
Aberdeen Audi have a rotating brush drive through washer. This is a recently opened showroom and service centre so must still be part of the Audi process.
This is where any damage will have been done.
My mate had is sq5 taken through it. Dashcam showed wipers going because of the sensors when it was cleaning and also boy making 3 calls by the time he road tested car

I told them three times NOT to clean it...they stil did. Some people aren't bothered about it but if you pride yourself on washing your car the way you like to wash it and it's just your little thing that you like to do, it damn annoying when someone else does it....regardless of the damage. Just gets your goat.

Reactions: KenL
This thread is a wind up right..... ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daveotto, James_TDi and pburv
This thread is a wind up right..... ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nope, don't think it is
happyno.gif

Reactions: Daveotto, James_TDi, TDI-line and 2 others
I went to the dealers to look at my top mounts. The had the car for 30 mins and manged to check mounts then clean it too! It was filthy when I arrived and they must have thrown a bucket of water on it then wiped it off! The one and only time I've not asked them to leave it too.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv
I went to the dealers to look at my top mounts. The had the car for 30 mins and manged to check mounts then clean it too! It was filthy when I arrived and they must have thrown a bucket of water on it then wiped it off! The one and only time I've not asked them to leave it too.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
Might give this a go next time my car gets dirty...lol

Reactions: Terminator x