De-badging

redspudder

Sparky
Reaction score
Looking to de-badge the car but not sure how to do it any ideas welcome.

F.A.O- Scotty

Keep your hair on fella,ive posted a few things on this side of the forum with not much reply so thought i would try the B6 forum as i have just moved from there.Any Information welcome though cheers

Andy

I used some fishing line (a bit like a cheese wire) and removed my badges. Then use a suitable solvent to remove the residue left.

I used a filler spreader like a knife behind the badge, the plastic wont damage the paint and will cut off most of the foam double sided tape which can be left behind. Then a degreaser for sticky stuff, as already said here

Dental floss - Then use "Sticky stuff remover" to wipe away the deposits left.
Works a treat and done this on most of my cars.

Redspudder - don't worry, I'm shedding no hair. As you can see above you've got half a dozen responses in 24 hours. I couldn't see the point in asking B8 questions in the B6 forum when I knew you'd get the answer here ;)

When I did mine I was all ready with the dentile floss but once I warmed up the badges they lifted off and the remaining sticky foam simply rolled off without leaving any residue. I did mine when the car was only a few weeks old so perhaps this is why I found it so easy.

Cheers Scotty:icon_thumright:
Ill hang me head in shame and think twice next time before posting over on the B6 forum:sob:

I was tempted to but I wasn't sure. I therefore got it with the badges on so I had the choice....and then chose ;)

Andy
use a hairdryer on them first, honestly!

I had my '1.8T' debadged when I bought it at 9 months old, but left the 'A4'. Garage also told me to use a hairdyer first. I left it in the end because after a while I could start to see the grime and scratched around the badge. It would have meant lots of T-Cut afterwards

the fishing line trick (as mentioned above) is about the best way i've found over the years, it doesn't harm the paint, then just remove the residue with some solvent and polish to finish, it's pretty easy to be honest. One word of warning though, it'll be harder in the cold weather, so soften with a hairdryer first.

I've asked the garage to remove the badges before I pick the car up and lay down the rest of the dosh.

I used dental floss last week and a hair dryer! Worked a treat.

heat then dental floss to remove badge. then go over with adhesive remover(i used goof-off in gel form) and finally some mothers paint cleaner/wax.

youd never be able to tell the badges were there to begin with :)

Finally got round to de-badging the rear of the car today,used a hairdryer to soften up and went behind with dental floss this pulled the badge of but left behind some black sticky pad and glue i cleaned this with autosmart tardis(top stuff)then washed & cleaned down looks much better now,will be claying and full clean wash and Werkstat system tomorrow.
Thanks for the advice fellas