Coming home lights

Hi
i have the J519 module ending in N- whats involed in enabeling them?
I am not fussed about them coming on in the day time and night

Hi Lewie

Yes I fitted the switch and wires to my car and I also helped RMH1A4cab with his car

Yes you basically install 2 wires for the switch both originialy come from the central electrics module but one of the wires are already in use to the light switch so I soldered one cable onto this and then take the other to the central electrics unit

See my other post there's a discription and pictures

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/167485-coming-home-lights-confused.html

Last edited:
Hi Lewie

Yes I fitted the switch and wires to my car and I also helped RMH1A4cab with his car

Yes you basically install 2 wires for the switch both originialy come from the central electrics module but one of the wires are already in use to the light switch so I soldered one cable onto this and then take the other to the central electrics unit

See my other post there's a discription and pictures

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/167485-coming-home-lights-confused.html

Hi Gaz,

I started the other post but wont let me sign in with facebook anymore so i needed to create a new username. You got any spare time coming up and fancy giving me a hand getting them working?

Hi Gaz,

I started the other post but wont let me sign in with facebook anymore so i needed to create a new username. You got any spare time coming up and fancy giving me a hand getting them working?

Hi MrNorman

Yes sure I can help

gaz sorry i noticed you are in glasgow and was wondering if u fancied giving me a hand doing the coming home lights?would love to get them done on my car along with my new interior.if you are too busy i wont be offended lol

gaz sorry i noticed you are in glasgow and was wondering if u fancied giving me a hand doing the coming home lights?would love to get them done on my car along with my new interior.if you are too busy i wont be offended lol

Hi Bizzab7

Yes of corse I am happy to help with the lights I am pretty busy at the moment but I'm more than happy to help

Do you know what the part number is of your central electrics module ?

Are you part way this mod or haven't you started ??

im not sure gaz gawna check 2moro and i will let u know.thats fine only when u are free that would be excellent thanks.Nah lol kinda new to modding but have been dying to get this done

Hi guys, all I've managed to do is confuse myself with these coming home light threads!

I have a lowline so no auto lights ect. I'd like to activate this -well retro fit anyway!

Could someone shed some light on it with a how to? I've found one from one of the links from one of the threads on here but still confused as to what's what. I have no concerns about using the feed from the interior lights, it's just the relays and correct points to connect them that confuse me.

Anyone in or around Kent?

Alex

c10e59774401b85fd024cdc8651f2779_zpse2b7f8ae.jpg

Hi if you have a lowline module you carnt activate it because the option isn't there

You have 2 options

1 upgrade the module to a high line module

2 I think there's a relay kit that other members have written about I think in previous pages of this thread. This taps into the fog light circuit and the internal light circuit

I have retrofitted it into my cab I was lucky that I have a highline module in my car already so just had to do a bit of wiring and then activated it with VCDS

I've used a kit similar to that in mine (maybe even the same one). Works great.

That module taps into the positive wiring of the dipped beam, and fires the lights up using the internal relay in the box. The keys are not required in the ignition for it to work.
You can also wire it for any lights to come on, I used the front fogs instead of headlights.

If you have a highline module then you should be able to wire up the oem ch/lh lights

It will work day or night because the oem light sensor isn't fitted but it still work fine

Is it me or are there 2 threads on this going, anyway not had a chance for 5 minutes to work out sensible costs, but all comes down to location really as fuel costs a bomb now even in a derv, plus time.

Anyway if you have highline, just tick the box/s for CH/LH & see if lights come on when you turn of car & open the door.

I had it all on my B6 S4, fog lights were perfec, but some cretin at audi made it the headlights on the 8P, which is ridiculkous as lights up the whole damn Close, now they have cnaged it to foglights on the newer 8P's, how annoying.

Nigel

i refer to this post you wrote a little while ago. I have just had the cruise control fitted on a4 b7 and the steering module was changed so I guess I am running the highline module.
For me to activate the coming home lights, is it just a case of going through vcds and activating? Or does it need coding?

duncan

Nigel

i refer to this post you wrote a little while ago. I have just had the cruise control fitted on a4 b7 and the steering module was changed so I guess I am running the highline module.
For me to activate the coming home lights, is it just a case of going through vcds and activating? Or does it need coding?

duncan

If you have a high line module then yes the option should be there so just needs coding in and possibly a couple of repair wires

It's not the steering wheel module we are refuring to its the central electrics module 09 in the drivers footwell

Simple way to check( as a8 posted in my other thread) is to disconnect the headlight switch and turn the ignition on if the headlights come with the switch unplugged then you have a highline control unit, even with a lowline unit you can still do it but it requires more wiring.

I have checked this with mine tonight. when i unplug the headlight switch the lights stay on, but when i put it on vcds the part number is 8E0 907 279 J. Does this mean highline or not?

Hello everyone, I'm just a little bit confused. My car is A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic manufactured in 11/2007, I've got a central module with final letter N, but I bought central module F, mirror auto-dimming with compass (i suppose) Gentex 8H0 857 511 6PS and both of switch ch/lh and switch headlight auto, are coming soon. Is there anybody who can advise me with the correct diagram wire? Thanks

Hello everyone, I'm just a little bit confused. My car is A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic manufactured in 11/2007, I've got a central module with final letter N, but I bought central module F, mirror auto-dimming with compass (i suppose) Gentex 8H0 857 511 6PS and both of switch ch/lh and switch headlight auto, are coming soon. Is there anybody who can advise me with the correct diagram wire? Thanks
Hi mate
I fitted Ch/lh on my b7 S4 2007. I posted a write up in the technical how to section. I didn't do the auto lights which I think requires the rear view mirror with sensor but the ch/lh just required turning the coding for the auto mirror on so the car thinks it has it. You get an error code in vcds as it's not fitted but lights work.

Not sure on the module letter for highline.

The repair wire to the module was difficult to get to as it's tucked up under the steering wheel but with perciveariance didn't take to long.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hi Darrenkellum, thanks for your reply, I'm going to follow your way regarding the CH/LH just as far as I concerned I've halogen, but I've got mirror with auto-dimming and today I received new switch headlight with auto function 8E0 941 531 B, so is there anyone who could tell me if I've got the right switch for my car?
Because I was getting wrong, I own B6 1.8T Quattro and B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic and I thought both of them is the similar car regarding the wires! I followed the topic from B6 chassis and I bought central module F....

I just a quick question on this do the highline CCM all have bulb warning and if so can this be turned off?

Good morning JoeBra, mine don't have factory fitted bulb warning, light footwell, and light ambient as well, even though I've CECM with final letter N (I've been told this is one of the high-line CECM ). You need to buy all bulb warning and on my way, I found this diagram wire :
Front Door: pin 13 & 21
Rear Door: pin 2 & 6
But you can check with multi-meter all pins. This would be next retrofit for my car. Let me know if I'm getting wrong. Good luck

Oh no I dont want bulb warning as I like LEDs and there is alot of bother with canbus resistors etc.
I would like coming home and footwell that is why Im asking.
Im not sure what the current letter at the end of my module is ill have to check soon but I know I have access to 1 that has bulb warning so I think it is a highline and I could use if it required if I could turn bulb warnings off

Hi guys, I’m new to all this Audi Forums. I have a 2004 A4 B6 1.9 TDI (130) the vehicle doesn’t have auto lights or homecoming lights. I added the auto light switch so that when I leave the car the lights go off without having to turn the switch (I know the lights are on day n night). If I add the homecoming/ leaving light switch, will the light turn on and off when I click the lock n unlock button on my key??? Or should I add a module unit such as the Akhan 100CHM01 (image included to show what the module looks like)????
Cheers in advance.

Attachments

• 64E48EB7-A837-4868-8707-C6802C77B784.png
    64E48EB7-A837-4868-8707-C6802C77B784.png
    317.1 KB · Views: 136
Not 100% sure on the B6 but B7 CH/LH works when you unlock from the key fob. Whether you have the function available depends on the comfort module version. If you don't have the right version then either you need to fit the highline one with the function and wire up the Ch/LH switch or perhaps as you have found, fit an alternative solution module.

Others feel free to chip in if I'm inaccurate on this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk