changing oil at weekend what should i put in

vr6gordy

Reaction score
wanna change oil this week end on my 1.8t cab dont wanna use the long life oil ... was thinking maybe castrol edge 5-30 this a good oil to put in

the oil you get at audi or tps the long life one is made by castrol for audi/vw group just with out the price tag

anyone no the code for the bigger size oil filter

the oil you get at audi or tps the long life one is made by castrol for audi/vw group just with out the price tag

Worth speaking to Audi as ive just got off the phone to them a filter, oil and sump plug all in for £35.53

yep im with tom
the oil audi sell is right for your car

By the way when he did ask I said no thanks to the long life! But if Audi sell oil its gotta be right for your car....aint it?! ha ha

i always use the long life
even tho i do changes every 5/6 K

so whats the name of the oil audi sell you ...as audi sell it the price will be bumped up ... i bet you can get it cheaper from somewhere else

Last edited:
I went to Audi this morning got myself 5ltrs of there semi oil for £17.73 ex vat its called Quantum Synta and its 10w40, I was going to get some of that Castrol Edge but thought if this is what Audi sell to there customers it must be good enough for my car!

Only issue I got is come to do the oil change just and there appears to be a tiny leak coming from somewhere underneath the exhaust manifold area arrrrrgh its never plain sailing after I treated myself to a new rear wiper motor as well!

Apparently doing a search on the net Quantum is made by Castrol and Quantum is Audi's own branding or I bet VW's, dunno how true this is?!

No, Audi have their own oil refineries and drill and sell their own oil, as well as making each last one of their own parts, OEM all the way! :D ;)
I find that long life is ironically named, personally I go for the regular-interval spec oil.

i did say audis oil Quantum is made by Castrol ;-) i as bez use the long life oil but change it every 10k or 9 mths what every comes first but mine is a tdi

Reactions: T0m
No, Audi have their own oil refineries and drill and sell their own oil, as well as making each last one of their own parts, OEM all the way! :D ;)
I find that long life is ironically named, personally I go for the regular-interval spec oil.

fcuking love it make each one of there own parts too right they do, Audi own the world ha ha

Tis the same thing I chatted to the guy in parts about the fact people rave on about OEM parts what you mean the fact audi have got the manufacturer to stamp there stamp on the damn things makes them OEM.

got oil today and filter all in for 57 quid

Sorry to hijack but which filter did you buy 068 115 561 B or 068 115 561 F, F being the bigger filter, need to do mine next weekend and just wondering how much they are now? Cheers

catrol edge 5w-30 was 48 and filter was 9

use a can engine flush , run engine 5 mins then dump oil and take off old filter .
new after market oil filter , replace sump plug and use 5-30 full sym oil , job done
not too worried about oil make as i change each year