Camshaft over adjustment - long term

Ted Lindsay

Reaction score
Hello, so the other day, I found that my car was throwing up the DTC P0011. So my thoughts were that I had to change my chain link kit, so I bought a kit online.

And unfortunately the bolt which connected it to the exhaust cam shaft; was busted so I had to replace the cam exhaust shaft aswell.

I’ve just got it back and the CEL is still on ? With the same error: what else could it be, I thought the kit would have fixed it.

The car seems to have the same amount of power. But funnily enough the other day I did have the DTC p2149 which made my car go into limp mode, and cyldinder 1-3 misfired. Could these two be related ?

Cheers

We have no idea what your car is ? why not put in your sig so its there for the future.

We have no idea what your car is ? why not put in your sig so its there for the future.

Sorry, I actually thought my car was on my profile. I’ll add it on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apart from that i would be looking at the cam shaft position sensor first.

Well its the cheapest easiest fix if that what the problem is. :)

Well its the cheapest easiest fix if that what the problem is. :)

Hey man, I can’t actually find the sensor do you have a diagram or know where it is ?

Google it but maybe i would look at the relay as thats easiest and cheapest.

Google it but maybe i would look at the relay as thats easiest and cheapest.

I found the sensor under the left side timing. The thing is I found a new position sensor for £15 isn’t that the cheapest and not the fuel relay