1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cam seals: ptfe or rubber?

Prawn Feb 5, 2018

  1. Prawn

    Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Morning chaps!

    I have a weep on a cam seal which I need to change.

    A little digging finds that there are 2 types of cam seals.

    A hard case plastic seal with a ptfe inner ring around the cam

    And an older type rubber seal with a sprung inner ring.

    The type I removed when I stripped my old head down where the rubber type.

    The type I fitted recently supplied by the dealer were the ptfe type, and Damn fiddly to get onto the Cams without damaging the seal. Something I obviously didn't do as well as I'd thought :laugh:

    Does anyone have any part numbers for the rubber type?

    Would anyone advise strongly for or against one particular type?

    I'm currently inclined to source a rubber type as that's what I've had good experiences with in the past.

    All thoughts appreciated.

  2. Prawn

    Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Fear not chaps. Solved it.

    Elring make a PTFE one.

    Corteco make a rubber one.

    Looked at both in ECP. hate the PTFE type. B

    ought rubber
  3. superkarl

    superkarl MAN OF STEEL

    I think I used ptfe on mine.
    Do you have pics of both types?

Share This Page