Brake Lights Warning, but working.

gpecurto

Reaction score
I have this light on the dash but the brake lights work.
brake-lights-light.jpg

What can I do ?

Are you sure all your brake lights are working? Some do have two bulbs per side.

Actually it detects only the "central brake light".

Hi, Yes I am sure all are working, because I've put the car backwards facing a glass and saw all brake lights on while pushing the brake pedal.
I suspect something with the detecting system, like fusible or something, but I don't know how it works.
I tried to remove the surrounding case around the Led Central Brake Light, but does not seem to be a simple task.

Do you think reading ECU shows some more detail ?
I'm not going to Audi...

It's most likely the car has logged a fault that requires clearing. Have VCDS?

No, I don't have.

The thing is:
Every time I press brake pedal for more than 3 or 4 seconds, the warning lights up. If I press it just for one seconds for a light speed reduction, it won't light up.
If I turn off ignition and restart it clears the warning light untill I press it again for a longer period.
Does this symptom fires an old warning from previous light fault ?

Audi bulb monitor or cold bulb monitor works by checking the resistance across the bulb element

It does this by sending a small voltage output from J519 to the bulb and then calculates the returning voltage to indicate if the bulb is defective.

If you replace the bulb or switch you must turn the ignition off then on after the repair to reset the monitor test and therefore turns the warning light off.

That said you could try ;
- Taking the bulb out, cleaning the contacts of the bulb holder with a contact cleaner
- Replacing the bulb holder
- Replacing the brake pedal switch
- Check wiring

Reactions: gpecurto
I need to excuse about this.
I assumed it was like when I saw it a few days ago.
Just went to the car minutes ago and the all centre light is burnt.
Not a single led lights up.
So, Sorry for your time.
I need to buy a new light or at least check if is just bad wiring.

My bad :-(

Thanks anyway @MrSmithr

No need to apologise. Glad you found out the problem, now once you have fixed that the warning light should go. :)

Keep me updated

Yes that's symptomatic of a bulb losing the filament connection tbh, so future wise visually check the relevant bulbs, glad you found the issue.

So, I've managed to remove the LED lights and checked the wiring.
The plugs were a bit dirt and somehow weared.
I've just disconnected, cleaned, pushed the wires a bit deeper and is now working.
Same LED light, did not buy a new one and it«s now working.
Case Closed.

Reactions: Shiz94 and MrSmithr
Thanks for the update and sharing your solution. A simple case of dirty contacts. Glad it's all sorted now!

Hi there
I put face lift led lights on my 2006 model and left side works and all but my right side led seems to come on and then turn off after 10 seconds but indicator and brake light still works but when I got put my old oem light in it seems to do the same problem????? Please could anyone help

Hi there
I put face lift led lights on my 2006 model and left side works and all but my right side led seems to come on and then turn off after 10 seconds but indicator and brake light still works but when I got put my old oem light in it seems to do the same problem????? Please could anyone help

Can you provide images?