B8.5 no dipstick, oil extraction??

razputin

Reaction score
So had my 2.0tdi 150bhp since February and wanting to change the oil. Obviously been able to check the oil level on the MMI but didn't realise there was no dipstick so I could change the oil!?!? How has everyone else changed their oil? Heard there may be a cap somewhere you can use so I can extract it, or can you only drain it the old fashioned way via the sump these days?

Unless I'm majorly off course (in which case I'm sure someone will be along shortly), you still have a hole for a dipstick, just no actual stick. Will have a cap you can remove.

Thanks Martin. My mupp-tard approach didn't help matters. Take off the cover and look properly, my first failing......

No dipstick.
I drop mine via the drain plug, then pour in 4.5 litres and it's bang on.
Had 3 different B8 4 cylinder diesels and they all had different oil filters, so make sure you quote the vin when you buy your first one.

TPS for a dip stick, so you can check the old fashioned way.
Cost me about £15 iirc, audi however would not sell me one, they said they did not exist, I knew different lol.
However, the dipstick needs to be removed and the bung placed back before driving, it is only used for measuring!
your bonnet won't close with it in place.

I have a dipstick, cant remember the part number but the length you need is 500ml from top of dipstick tube to centre of oil level area

So had my 2.0tdi 150bhp since February and wanting to change the oil. Obviously been able to check the oil level on the MMI but didn't realise there was no dipstick so I could change the oil!?!? How has everyone else changed their oil? Heard there may be a cap somewhere you can use so I can extract it, or can you only drain it the old fashioned way via the sump these days?
you can buy a dipstick I did for my B8 2.7tdi and the part number for v6 engine is 059115611AB, there is a little black stubby stick where the dipstick goes and I like the old method of reading the oil level on the dipstick so can get them from Audi dealerships hope that helps cheers from Colin

Reactions: aphill24
I got a Laser one. adjustable so just read the scale at bottom after setting the right marker on the top. Still not aware of any OEM dipstick for the 2.0 CR engines

TPS for a dip stick, so you can check the old fashioned way.
Cost me about £15 iirc, audi however would not sell me one, they said they did not exist, I knew different lol.
However, the dipstick needs to be removed and the bung placed back before driving, it is only used for measuring!
your bonnet won't close with it in place.
I bought a dipstick for my 2.0TFSi & the bonnet closes ok