Audi A4 2011 Technik - Front Parking Sensors

aaronenabs

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had my Audi A4 for 2 months now and I believe the previous owner had the front bumper replaced. I had asked when buying it if the parking sensors worked and he confirmed they did but he never used it. To my knowledge it has never worked since i got it and i started wondering why? Did some research into Audi front parking assist sensors and cannot find any images similar to what i believe my front parking sensors are!

I happened to get a really nice guy on here MartayMcFly who came over to mines to assist me and ran a diagnostic test on my car as i had several questions, 2 of which were i) How come when i try to park i cannot see the parking assist display on my MMI and ii) Why do i always have a loud 4-5sec beep when i initiate mty reverse gear. He confirmed that it was an issue with my front parking sensors after running the diagnostic but could not locate which on exactly. I have research several websites and videos to confirm if what i have attached in this post are my parking sensors. I have 2 at each side of my number plate and when i felt it there are no wires connected to these devices, so I was concerned as to why there are 2 devices in my grills that don't do S** excuse my lang. Funny enough when I asked him about the parking assist display he popped my car into reverse and pressed the parking aid assist button (P) and it appeared out of no where for only 2-3 seconds then disappeared.

I have the log files for the diagnostics ran by Martay

I have uploaded a pic to confirm if this device is a parking sensor and also if there are no wiring to both devices might that be the issue? or do i have an issue with a faulty one at the back? does the Audi A4 require both front and back sensors to work? and why in the heck is the parking aid assist display not showing up?

I would be grateful if someone can assist me?

Also not a big issues but I currently have normal car lights for both my Day time running lights and also night lights, is it possible to just replace them with LED bulbs from a box?

Thanks

Attachments

• Lights.jpeg
    Lights.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 658
  • Parking Sensors.jpeg
    Parking Sensors.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 771
Long beep denotes a fault & if its a front & rear system, usually if a sensor is out on either, the whole system goes down.

Ideally it needs diagnosing properly to ascertain the fault, if front sensors aren't connected, but coded for, you need to remove the bumper to check if the looms were ever there.

I have the diagnostic results i got from the last run on my system if that makes a difference? Or how can i run a proper diagnostic on the car? Do i really need to remove the front bumper and can you explain further what looms are?

Looms are wiring.

If there are no looms behind the bumper, then it did not have front sensors, however, if the dash has a pdc button to press, this gives weight to the fact it had front sensors, again however, evidence of wiring would confirm this for sure.

If you were closer to me, as Marty would confirm, I could resolve this for you.

Ok, Ideally I wouldn't want to just take the bumper off to see no wires. But I would try and see. Where would these looms be hiding? I have a suspicion the previous owner changed the front bumper but didn't bother to rewire. Where are you based? might be better to come see you if your local? So from my picture can you confirm that is a sensor.

Hi,

I have found a friend who has previously removed his A4 bumper and he has offered to assist with taking my bumper this weekend to investigate if i do have looms. Hopefully Ill have more info by then.

Where are you located?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Please can you advise where to expect the Looms once i have removed the front bumper? I have attached a picture of an Audi a4 b8 without the front bumper. Thanks

Attachments

• no front bumper.JPG
    no front bumper.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 558