Audi A3 dashboard knocking noise. Help!!?!

Medzid2

Reaction score
Hello everyone for the first time
I'll skip to the issue point.

For the past few months I'm getting this annoying knocking/klicking sound from the left dashboard corner, close to the windshield. It comes right in front of me (image uploaded).

So far I have inspected everything, even put a piece of wool in between the dash and the orher parts below. Everything plastic is isolated so its not in direct touch. But still the knocking is there. It sound like when you are kicking a plastic part with your fingernail.

Also I've removed the wipers to get acces to under the windshield but nothing there that could make this sound. Except some plastic cover wich is bolted but I didn't took it off cause I don't know what it is but it's almost at the same place where i think the knocking is comming.

So if anyone had a similar issue or knows what could this plasitc cover be please answer...

Cheers everyone

Does it sound like that

Hmmm almost simmilar.
But at my car it only happens on bumpy roads and I'm pretty sure it's not electric related.

For example, I'm driving 30km/h and hit a slight bump with my right wheel and the knock happens.
When I drive for a longer time 30min or so it almost dissapears, but you can still hear it slightly...

Hi, I have exactly the same noise as you in the same place. Did you actually manage to fix it or find what is it?? Thank you!