Anyone fitted a stubby aerial from a new Polo?

Maz

Reaction score
Do they fit ok?

My one looks like a dog has chewed it so I need a new one

Fitted one to the gf`s Leon. I had to cut the rubber back a little around the thread so it actually started to screw in but other than that was fine and looks better.

I've got an S2000 one on mine.

I've got one too but not happy with the fit...

The bottom of the S2000 mast is a touch wide for the Audi base which does my head in.

Ive got a stubby qashqai 1 on mine. had to cut the bottom of it a little bit but it looks good

I recently fitted a shark fin which looks pretty good. Check my thread below.

Hi

I fitted a 2010 polo stubby aerial onto my 98 A3. Fitted and worked absolutely fine.

Only problem is that I forget to swap back the old one when I sold the car. Doh!

Liam

Here's it on my 'iccle old A3.

7045016293_9cf727ba04.jpg

...Update.

Ordered a genuine stubby polo aerial from here: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Arrived within 48hrs.

Pic below compared to Type R aerial on the Left

DSC03584.jpg

Fitted with ease and very happy with the result!

DSC03589-2.jpg

Last edited:
I've got the same on my car maz. Makes a subtle but nice difference.

I was doing the fairly well known rear wiper/washer repair the other week and when i had my boot trim off, i noticed that as well as the aerial on the roof, the rear windscreen has an fm aerial built in (little box saying FM blah blah and then connects to some lines in the glass).

So just a quick question:.....does anyone know how important the aerial on the roof is? is it redundant because of the rear screen aerial or did they not bother using that?

This is an amk 2002 S3....... would be good to know as it could influence the size of aerial you chose for the roof.....

Nice shot Rav, did you climb on the bonnet to take that one :)

I bought the same one off eBay and as you say, it was a perfect fit. One thing I've found is that I get NO AM reception, so no 5 live for me. Do you have AM reception with your Ariel?

I bought the same one off eBay and as you say, it was a perfect fit. One thing I've found is that I get NO AM reception, so no 5 live for me. Do you have AM reception with your Ariel?

Erf, I'll let you know once I check it.

Jim, there's always something that needs to be done with these cars... :)

What's AM? ... Didn't realised they still broadcast on that! :undwech:

...does anyone know if that rubber strip across the top of the windscreen in Rav's picture is replaceable?

Say if I get Autoglass to refit a new windscreen would they replace that as well?

I've been wondering this myself as mine it in pretty bad condition.

I'm going to order a new scuttle too for when my windscreen is replaced.

Liam