Another parking ticket question...

lil_coz

Reaction score
Quick question for those of you in the know...

Just went for breakfast with a mate. I parked in a car park and paid/showed my ticket through the window. When I was walking back to the car, there was a parking attendant bloke standing by my car putting all the info into his little machine. I told him it was mine and that I was just about to go and he told me I was 15 mins over. To which I asked him if he was joking and he said no.

At this point he was still finishing off the ticket, I got in the car, closed my door and he ripped the receipt looking ticket from his machine and gave it to my mate who was about to go into the passenger side.

My question is, shall I bother paying it because nothing was put on my car and nothing was given to me, or shall I just pay the thing and get it over with?

the miniute he puts any details in to the machine the ticket is yours
also he gave it to your mate
and the machine takes a pic b4 he puts any details in it
iv been done and never seen the ticket as it was blown away or someone took it off
but they always photo the car 1st
and if you dont pay the price goes up an up

Pay It, he'll have taken photo evidence before writing the ticket anyway so he's got all the evidence he needs :/

Cheers guys, thats all I needed to know!

Next time throw a bit of abuse first then accept the ticket.

It will satisfy you even though you will have to pay

Really hate these guys sometimes... especially living in london.

Once i stopped to sort my nav out and I looked up literally 1 min later and theres a woman standing there putting stuff in her machine. I said was i ok just to sort out my navigation and she ignored me totally which really really annoyed me. Anyway I drove off and didnt hear anything further... but was ready for an appeal.

Don't know about elsewhere but here in London they take a photo AFTER they've printed the ticket and stuck it on your car, not before.
I work in central London and see them doing it day in, day out.

Further to that... I returned to my car a few months ago to find a warden just about to put a ticket on my car (so, already printed out). I took the ticket from him and drove off.
Couple of weeks later I received a notice to owner as I hadn't paid. I replied/appealed on the grounds that I was not aware of any parking ticket issued. The council replied saying that the warden has a note that the ticket was handed to me. I denied this and the case went to the independent adjudicator.
Eventually it was settled in my favour and the ticket was cancelled as the council/warden had no proof of my car being parked where it shouldn't have been or that a ticket was served.

I'd ignore the ticket if i were you, and once they contact you by post deny all knowledge.

Go to adjudication if they want.... they very rarely turn up or fight against your defence. 9 times out of 10 they just withdraw at last minute.