AGU remap with K04 turbo

AGU-TURBO

Audi a3 1.8t AGU
Reaction score
Spoke to a few people today regarding mapping my 1.8t before i start anything just to make sure im going to be using the right injectors and the like. Well my plan was to put a k04 turbo along with many more upgrades but ive hit a brick wall with it realy, Most tunning company's ive spoke to carn't map it with it been the agu lump and my ecu is crap basicaly lol. i spoke to Revo (MAIN OFFICE) and he said my only option would be to map at stage 1 spec and fit MBC and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. setup like this with the n75 plugged in but not plumbed in. Now i no this kind of setup realy well as its how i did my punto turbo but i found it a bit temperamental (well it was on the punto anyway). So anyway i dont realy want to go down this route realy but has anybody done it this way or anybody have any exsperiance with standalone like MS or somthing and if so is there any plug and play setup's for my loom? ive spoke to r-tech and Nick is supposed to be ringing me back so ill see if he can shed some light on this also.

Many thanks Sy.

Last edited:
No no no no no.....

Prawns (AGU + K04 hybrid) is getting custom mapped so of course it can be done properly... that is pikey++ way of doing it.... you don't want to be running more than a 3 bar FPR as the poor little pump will have a hissy and the injectors are just too small....

Do it properly mate...

<tuffty/>

Nick at R-Tech seems to be the man but I know Bill @ Badger 5 is looking to do these ECU's too...

<tuffty/>

Fail to plan, plan to fail!

PLAN your build and know all of it inside out before doing anything, the people who successfully do BT conversions spend ages planning it and building up the knowledge and parts to do it. The people who just slap it on and rush it end up with blown motors and horror stories.

Read Prawns build thread, Prawn is VERY mechanically minded and does all his own stunts. And look at the issues he's had so far, and he's not even got it back from mapping yet.

The AGU ECU isn't bad at all, consider yourself lucky even being able to have it live mapped...my car cannot be live mapped and has to have the ECU removed and a chip mapped on a bench!

Last edited:
..or of course you can go standalone ECU like DTA S40...

Just finished a 20vt (K03s) conversion in a Mk3 Golf running DTA S40...

<tuffty/>

Fail to plan, plan to fail!

PLAN your build and know all of it inside out before doing anything, the people who successfully do BT conversions spend ages planning it and building up the knowledge and parts to do it. The people who just slap it on and rush it end up with blown motors and horror stories.

Read Prawns build thread, Prawn is VERY mechanically minded and does all his own stunts. And look at the issues he's had so far, and he's not even got it back from mapping yet.

lol yeh i havnt done anything yet mate, still researching

..or of course you can go standalone ECU like DTA S40...

Just finished a 20vt (K03s) conversion in a Mk3 Golf running DTA S40...

<tuffty/>

How did it go? Have you had much dealings with ms. im glad ive spent some time looking into all this as i would be pretty peed off right now if it was ready for mapping and unable to do it.

How did it go? Have you had much dealings with ms. im glad ive spent some time looking into all this as i would be pretty peed off right now if it was ready for mapping and unable to do it.

Went well... drives nice... Bill knows DTA very well... his 600hp Ibiza race car uses it...

<tuffty/>

For custom mapping on the AGU speak to Nick at Rtech. he's put more work into the ME3.8 ECU than anyone else I know of.

Best way to control it will be using the N75 for part throttle and cruise, with an MBC plumbed in in parallel to the N75 to cap peak boost.

I'm running my ko4 hybrid like that, only I'm using an EBC to give me variable boost and different power levels.

the Revo suggestion of a stage 1 + MBC + AFPR is a horrid idea. don't like that one at all!

Speak to Nick, or drop him a PM on here, you'll no dout have to wait a while for a response, as they are stupidly busy 24/7 it seems, but it's worth the wait!

For custom mapping on the AGU speak to Nick at Rtech. he's put more work into the ME3.8 ECU than anyone else I know of.

Best way to control it will be using the N75 for part throttle and cruise, with an MBC plumbed in in parallel to the N75 to cap peak boost.

I'm running my ko4 hybrid like that, only I'm using an EBC to give me variable boost and different power levels.

the Revo suggestion of a stage 1 + MBC + AFPR is a horrid idea. don't like that one at all!

Speak to Nick, or drop him a PM on here, you'll no dout have to wait a while for a response, as they are stupidly busy 24/7 it seems, but it's worth the wait!

Cheers mate yeh im exspecting a call back tommorow morning from nick so ill see what he can do for me. When Revo said that was my only option i was pretty shocked to be honest. I was going to use s3 injectors and change the injector seats but i had i quick chat to Nick last night and he reccomend me using saab 360cc injectors so that is my plan if i can get it remapped that is

Excellent. I knew Nick would sort you out :)

Will be nice and rapid when it's done matey! Lots more ko4 A3's appearing at the moment, and they will fly!

this is quite funny about what revo said to you, about stage one map and MBC, when i rang them just to ask why they don't do throttle cable 1.8T's in stage two he said to me oh we don't because of such reason... but you could always stage one it and then MBC it, i asked him you sure, he was like yeah just don't go mad lol

not the best info to give people if they don't have any knowledge or a forum to come to for advice.

for me i think ill be making the 300 mile journey to R-tech when my hybrid is on, be well worth it.

Sorry if im doing a bit of a hijack but i could do with a bit of help on this matter and you lot seem to know what your talking about. I have a AGU and ive also heard about revo only offering a stage 1 but i was after a stage 2 ideally (or a custom map running similar to a stage 2) If im honest i dont know much about engines etc but ive picked up a few basics from this forum, I hear alot of people talking of hybrid turbos and K04's but I really dont want to be spending more money than i have so the standard turbo would have to stay.

On the car at the moment i have a FMIC, 007p and a cat back stainless system. I've got a decat and induction kit sitting in the house ready to be fitted when i get some free time. I was hoping on getting a TIP then a stage 2 map which would hopefully bring me to around 200bhp... is that still possible but by using a custom map from Nick instead? Or am i totally wrong?

Hi there a custom map is exspensive for what you'r gains would be on a standard k03 turbo. Just found this for you might be of some interest and they have a offer on Golf GTI Remap - ECU Remapping
Don't no where they are based though lol

If you no how to use a spanner then you might be better swaping for a k03s turbo and is just literally bolt off bolt on and that would see you just over you'r 200bhp figure

Last edited:
Any ideas how much i would pay for a k03s turbo then?

Cheers

Well thats not too bad to be honest, its a shame im going to amsterdam next week or i would of used my spending money to bid :p Would i still need the remap with a K03s? and whats the benefits of getting the k03s rather than mapping the standard? im only after around 200bhp to keep up with the b18 civics, crx's and random orions in my area.. im not after a track animal, just that little extra :) and Thanks for all your help

I have a ko3s mapped to 185 r-tech have said they can remap to 210 but would the standard intercooler be able to cope. Sorry to go off subject.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I run a ko3S on my daily, runs at 224bhp on the standard side mount intercooler, although it does have a 3'' downpipe.

It does get hot and drop off after a thrashing, but still does well for what it is. ****** flies on a cold day!

Reactions: marrick92
Does anyone know the spec on the difference between a KO3s and KO4?,

Also, while digging, i found that Thomas has got a KO3s, i actually called Audi Oxford this morning to speak to the guy i bought it off -

Went on 2 months before i bought it - but was re-mapped with the "assumption" it was a KO3 standard.....

Surely when my A3 gets the KO4 - it will need to be re-mapped.....

Marcus

Spoke to a few people today regarding mapping my 1.8t before i start anything just to make sure im going to be using the right injectors and the like. Well my plan was to put a k04 turbo along with many more upgrades but ive hit a brick wall with it realy, Most tunning company's ive spoke to carn't map it with it been the agu lump and my ecu is crap basicaly lol. i spoke to Revo (MAIN OFFICE) and he said my only option would be to map at stage 1 spec and fit MBC and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. setup like this with the n75 plugged in but not plumbed in. Now i no this kind of setup realy well as its how i did my punto turbo but i found it a bit temperamental (well it was on the punto anyway). So anyway i dont realy want to go down this route realy but has anybody done it this way or anybody have any exsperiance with standalone like MS or somthing and if so is there any plug and play setup's for my loom? ive spoke to r-tech and Nick is supposed to be ringing me back so ill see if he can shed some light on this also.

Many thanks Sy.

Not that I would condone it, but I did run my K03S in this fashion on an AGU with Revo Stage 1.

Was OK as long as the boost was kept sensible. Too much boost and it knows (despite not having a MAP sensor).

K04 on the other hand flows more air... so a different kettle of frogs really.