Accelerator Reset??

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do this, im sure I read on here a while ago and have searched, but dont really know what terms to look for.

Apparently the car gets used to your driving style, but the accelerator pedal can be reset to normal, so that it can auto adjust to your driving style.

Anyone know what im talking about and advise??

Thanks in advance
Nilz

Does anyone know how to do this, im sure I read on here a while ago and have searched, but dont really know what terms to look for.

Apparently the car gets used to your driving style, but the accelerator pedal can be reset to normal, so that it can auto adjust to your driving style.

Anyone know what im talking about and advise??

Thanks in advance
Nilz

Yes nilzy, you switch the ignition to on, but don't fire the car up. Now prod the accellerator pedal all the way down and hold for 5 secs, then release for 5 secs. Fire the car up, and the throttle is apparently reset it's parameters.

Works on all Audi and its true, its not a joke...

Apparently the car ECU adjusts to your driving style, so if you are driving like you have miss daisy in the back for ages, the car will get used to that, looking at it from an economy side of things, this would make sense, however if you wanted to drive it hard, it wont perform as it would if you were driving like you stole it everyday.

Now if you do the reset and give it a go, you should hopefully have a bit more kick as its reset to standard.

I believe it has to be done on a cold engine as well....

Hope that helps and thanks Jo for the tip :)

I think my car is in need of it after the way i have been driving recently.

Jo quick question, once the pedal has been released, does the car need to be switched off then back on again, or is it a straight fire up??

Jo quick question, once the pedal has been released, does the car need to be switched off then back on again, or is it a straight fire up??

You will actually here the TB resetting under the bonnet.

Once finished, ignition off, ignition back on and go.

It may be a bit unhappy about starting first start after reset - this will clear.

throttle body alignment is not the same as the throttle "learning" mentioned in the first post

Alignment just ensures the ECU knows the full range of throttle operation, and has nothing to do with driving style.

throttle body alignment is not the same as the throttle "learning" mentioned in the first post

Alignment just ensures the ECU knows the full range of throttle operation, and has nothing to do with driving style.

So enlighten us how to reset the 'learned' positions then.....? As far as I know there is only 1 method of resetting the TB data? And this would be it.

Ross Tech say that the TBA cycles through the throttle modes 'to relearn their positions'?

Would be interested to read more on this please.....

Not sure.. on BMW,s throttle adaption is not the same as ecu reset, you did a sequence with the ignition key to reset the ecu...Also 20 mins with a disconnected battery did the trick

Wow thats pretty crazy! My car is driven like miss daisy 99% of the time! so doing this reset will make it more lively and kick back more?! Brilliant!

Has anyone actually gained a noticeable difference from this?

tryed it but didnt notice anything. not even a sound or anything while i was doing it