A bit of a big ask chaps , if anyone can assist.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As in the title really really chaps, I've been smitten by another RS4 avant, and in my fav colour " misano red" , Now it ticks a fair few boxes for me except the amount of previous owners, milage is ok etc and it looks brill, but, and its a big but its nigh on a 300 mile round trip to see it and with my good lady laid up with a bad knee I cant get the time to get up and have an initial look at it in the flesh to see wether it is that good or just the pics .
If I can get a better idea one way or the other then I could make more specific plans to get up and take things further.
So the big ask, if anyone is based in or around Congleton and was able to nip over to the guy and just get a better idea of the overall condition for me i'd be very greatfull, i'll cover you fuel cost within reason, hence local to the seller.
anyway, here's the link, any help would be very appreciated.

cheers
rob

link:
http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classi...ode=gu240lw&model=rs4_avant&logcode=p&adPos=5

Last edited:
its allways the same carl, I see a nice car but it is somewhere the backend of beyond, well nearly..lol
From previous experience carl, Pictures have a nasty habbit of making a car look immaculate when that may not be the case, may just have to bite the bullet and drive up and get one of the outlaws to look after the wife, not ideal but may have too...

Rob, look at members lists in small events section see who is near. Or even the vcds map. Just a thought.

Doesn't look like it's been used a lot lately, Probably the reason for the rust on the brakes
https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Registration number: WK07HNZ

• Vehicle make AUDI
  • Vehicle model RS4
  • Date first used 18 August 2007
  • Fuel type Petrol
  • Colour Red

MOT history of this vehicle
  • Test date 10 August 2015
  • Expiry date 9 August 2016
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 56,657 miles
  • MOT test number 3184 0292 5420
  • Test date 16 October 2014
  • Expiry date 23 October 2015
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 56,090 miles
  • MOT test number 3666 1968 4465
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    Nearside Inner Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
    Offside Inner Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
  • Test date 23 October 2013
  • Expiry date 23 October 2014
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 52,792 miles
  • MOT test number 7767 2649 3267
  • Test date 24 October 2012
  • Expiry date 23 October 2013
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 49,058 miles
  • MOT test number 2062 5829 2204
  • Test date 12 September 2011
  • Expiry date 11 September 2012
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 44,739 miles
  • MOT test number 3999 3565 1219
  • Test date 3 September 2010
  • Expiry date 2 September 2011
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 33,887 miles
  • MOT test number 2331 1614 0292
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    Nearside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
    Offside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
    Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)

about 140 miles away from me too rob, i'd of gone for a look at it looks nice, only thought from me would be on a car that costs that much is whats with that gap from bumper to bonnet is the bonnet open ?

its only 32 miles away from me but I have loads of family stuff on this weekend otherwise I would of taken the wife/kids for a visit.

Have you rang them yet? I know MRC do health checks - maybe worth asking them maybe seeing if that can be done?

nope just had too much work on to be honest and trying work it in with looking after my good lady, just not enough hours in the day.
I need to get up to Fleetwood again within the next week hopefully so I am going to try and work it into that trip, it's still for sale at the moment and I cant see it going just yet as it is priced prettywell at the top end of the rs4 b7 price bracket.
watch this space as they say..
rgds
rob

well had a chat with the sales guy, milages tally up but it's due for a service now on age not miles, its had new disks and pads aswell and 4 new tyres, so that's a bit less to worry about but its been on a longlife service schedule for quite sometime , not sure that's ideal to be honest but I need to see it and give it test drive to see what the format is.

well had a chat with the sales guy, milages tally up but it's due for a service now on age not miles, its had new disks and pads aswell and 4 new tyres, so that's a bit less to worry about but its been on a longlife service schedule for quite sometime , not sure that's ideal to be honest but I need to see it and give it test drive to see what the format is.

I have never understood those longlife service schedules, i believe regular servicing is key to a good running and long lasting car, i see it more as a gimmick that would intrest people as it saves money, as to why you would want to save money and own an rs4 i have no idea!
For me, the longlife servicing would probably be a deal breaker on a car like that, its a performance car, not a diesel mile muncher and should be treated accordingly.
I spoke to my local indy garage before i bought my a4, they are all old vw mechanics, who got made redundant a few years ago when the dealership closed down. So they know their stuff, and their advice was also steer clear of the longlife serviced cars.
Just my input mate