Clutch Problems

Trev241

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone is having clutch problems as there is some discussion on the Audi World forum on the issue also Audi have issued a technical service document (TPI2021653/4) which refers to replacing the clutch lever and thrust bearing.

Just had confirmation from the dealer that my car is in need of the new clutch parts so looks like transmission is coming out, looks like mods fitted in production started wk3 2010 mine was built in Sept 2009 so could be quite a few motors affected.
The clutch creaks and groans if pressed when engine is hot but not running, when cold clutch appears normal.

Hens teeth that will be close for me too. Not heard any problems as yet though. I have to admit that i think i would prefer a slight groan from the clutch over having the transmission dropped!

I feel exactly the same but don't want problems in the future when out of warranty.

Good point Trev. Do you get any form of juddering when pulling away? Or is it purely the lever mechanism?

No juddering yet, audi have increased the length of the one of the parts to be changed by about 13 mm (must be the clutch arm operating the thrust bearing) which makes me worry about the long term effect on other items if the mod is not done.

The audi tech I spoke to said to drop the transmission the exhausts and drive shafts have to come of as well as other items which may include the steering rack .:scared2:

Word of wisdom on this one. I took my car back in to the dealers last week for a clutch creak. I knew exactly where it was coming from as I've been squirting silicon spray onto the joint where the pedal connects to the master cylinder pin (so inside the car) for past three months! Service Department given full information.

The car was originally booked in for half a day but ended up being kept for 4 days as Audi couldn't understand what the problem was. It came back after having gearbox dropped (without my knowledge) and the above 'fix' completed. I was not too impressed as you can imagine.

When the car was collected the clutch still creaked! It took the technician another 15 minutes to lubricate the mechanism inside the car which cured it.

A 15 minute fix turned into 8 days in the end!