Door open symbol on DIS?

maxp

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a '99 A3 1.8t with DIS.

In it's current state, the interior light doesnt activate on the drivers side when the door is open, but will do on the passenger side. This isnt really a problem at all, however i've seen a few pics of people's DIS showing a car symbol indicating the open door when this is the case, however nothing happens on mine (even with the boot open).

Was just wondering what the correct case should be?

By the way the engine was never running during my brief test, only the key 1 click turned.

Door switch (integral to the latch) is playing up... common as muck and does it worse in the hot weather...

<tuffty/>

Go to Maplins and ask for contact cleaner spray. Spray a bit into the catch on the door and it'll be fine. Mine used to do this everyday and pee me right off! Then i used contact cleaner and it worked! Then it done it again sometimes, i'd spray contact cleaner in there, shut the door, and all is back to normal! It hasn't done this now for about 2 months and the weather has been very hot recently so i'm surprised it hasn't decided to doing its silly games. Give it a go matey.

Either what Troopa has said, or if you do a search, there is quite a comprehensive fix for this, it involves, a wire hanger and hitting the right spot (yes I am still talking about the door switch) LOL..

Pretty simple fix and once done, it should sort it, mine did this for ages and since I have done the fix, touchwood it has been ok.

Hi all, I have a '99 A3 1.8t with DIS.

In it's current state, the interior light doesnt activate on the drivers side when the door is open, but will do on the passenger side. This isnt really a problem at all, however i've seen a few pics of people's DIS showing a car symbol indicating the open door when this is the case, however nothing happens on mine (even with the boot open).

Was just wondering what the correct case should be?

By the way the engine was never running during my brief test, only the key 1 click turned.

as above.....yours wont have the door open signal on the DIS as its a 1999 car.....only FL's IIRC

Doh, just re-read your post, completely got the wrong end of the stick, soz mate!!

Go with what Animal said :)