Trip computer symbols.

maxp

Reaction score
When i press the left stalk on the dashboard, the trip computer starts cycling through different icons.

Is this like a status check?

It cycles through about 7 icons, four of them have a big red symbol below , one of them is an oil can, one of them is a washer fluid symbol etc. I've checked these and both levels are fine.

What is going on?

Edit: Ive recorded it and placed it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCfH95GT3iA

Last edited:
:no::no::no::racer:
yellow symbols aren't bad but the red uns are bad...do not drive until you get someone to look at it...and put some petrol in or on second thoughts don't as like Prawn said it looks like its gonna blow

That happens to mine when I push that little button twice in front of the rev counter and it just checking if everyfinks ok

Oh dear, I suppose I asked for that. :blush: After a brief bit of research, as I understand, its time to worry if the symbol flashes of chimes, which none of them do, or are there genuinely problems?

Only worry if one of the symbols comes up during normal driving. Red is BAD. Yellow is advisory of a minor fault i.e bulb gone. So far thats the only light i have experienced! What you have posted on the tube is just it going through its normal checks, nothing to worry about.

haha, sorry. was in a funny mood earlier :p

Yellow symbols will come up in the top 3rd of the screen, and are generally smaller issues like fuel light, bulb out warning, washer fluid low.

Larger red symbols which take up the whole screen are things like ABS dead, coolant low, that kinda thing.

WHen you press the button it just scrolls through to show you what it can display, to check it's all working.

If one comes up on it's own it'll be accompanied with 3 chimes, and it'll stay on the screen

Nothing wrong with what yours is doing at all :)