Forge dump valve not dumping! now getting chatter !!

I would check its getting vacuum mate too... servicing wise you can use silicon based grease I think... I got some of the red stuff Forge use from them and an o-ring... if the valve moves when you push it from the bottom outlet then you may have another prob... if you remove the valve from the TIP while the engine is idling you should be able to see the valve is open looking from the top as there will be vacuum... if not then check the valve and check you have vacuum going to the top of the valve..

<tuffty/>

Still got the n249 valve? Mine failed and caused chatter. Bypassed and now ok.

Send it back to Forge as all Forge items come with Lifetime warranty...

Mine did the exact same thing, was making a chatter noise, took it off and the grease had ******, lubed it back up and all was fine.

I have the same problem with my S3, that only developed or was noticable when i changed the standard panel filter for a pipercross panel filter. The DV is standard, as well as the rest of the car.

Is the N249 the same as the N75?

Any ideas what might be causing my chatter?

...The DV is standard, as well as the rest of the car.

Could be the diaphram is split on the OEM DV... get a new one (cheap) or a Forge 007p (not so cheap)

Is the N249 the same as the N75?

No mate :)

Any ideas what might be causing my chatter?

The missus? lol

If you have an OEM DV then its more than likely that its ********... have you check for fault codes using VCDS or similar?

<tuffty/>

Just serviced mine with the forge kit and found that the grease had dried up and a crack in the piston causing it to stick but with the service kit you get a new piston as well so all should be fine now, just have to change the spring as its still on the green spring

I plugged mine into vag com, and it sprung up:

1 Fault Found:
16795 - Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected
P0411 &#8211; 35- 10 - - - Intermittent

Do you think this is a faulty DV..?

Thats nothing to do with the dump valve

That fault used to come up on mine and the secondary air injection system pump was full of water

the pump has now been removed