NGK PFR7Q

Darrenspain

Reaction score
Hi everyone,Has anyone tried these plugs with a stage one map?I have a misfire on full boost,I am waiting for my local dealer to get stock of coil packs,I read somewhere about going 1 heat range colder than standard,so i was wondering if this has been tried by anyone?with what results?.

Looking to find this out too, my plugs are due a change so i want to make sure i get use right ones

i thought the thing to do if you mapped your 150bhp 20vt was to put 225bhp spec plugs in to match the heat range

You should be good with standard plugs on a stage 1 map. If it is dropping out as soon as boost comes in, that's a good indicator the coilpacks are done. I had this on a 225 TT I flashed last year, it the coilpacks one at a time until it had 4 new ones.

Gavin

Seconded, standards should be fine.

I personally use Bosch Super 4s as I really rate them, but they need changing every 5-6K which is a bit pants.

I have, however, used them in both mt A3 which was running high power for a 150 and the S3 and had no problems.

I'd say your problem was down to the coil. Same old same old issue that just keeps coming back around!

Right, stock spec Super 4's it is then. 4 new coils for good measure too because I'm fussy and I want to know its all sorted :)

Hi thanks,I am going to replace plugs and coil packs but don't won't to spend £45 on wrong plugs?