Aftermarket Front Bumper...

Reaction score
Wanting a different front bumper and really like the look of these two (8P design) but can't decide which one looks better. Also like the look of the rs4 style bumper. I know the majority of you will not like either of them one bit and think I'm a tit or similar but here they are.

Looks to me like speedbumps would present a major problem for all 3.

An FMIC and LCR splitter will beef up the front bumper on my motor.

RS4 every time dude. the 8p bumper just doesn't suit the shape of the 8L well at all..
those RS4 bumpers on the other hand, look wicked!

definately rs4! get some genuine rs4 grills and fogs and they look wicked!

Got agree with the others the single frame open grill dosn't suit the 8L, the pics don't even tell half the story as theres a black A3 going around Dundee with the conversion & it looks even worse in the metal, even with black being good at masking the lines, around the headlights/lower bonnet line looks all wrong.

Theres alot of kits out there for the 8L but there all to Fast & Furious for me, Older kits that were designed around the same time as the car always looks better, 90's kits with a 90's style car rather than a big gaping 00's style sh*te.

Best front bumpers I've seen are the genuine RS4/S3 hybrids that a few people have posted about in the past or the aftermarket RS4 but I'm not sure how good the detailed fit/finish will be on these.

Another one I think looks ok is the Caractere without the foglight option, Its kind of RS2/porsche style. I've popped a pic of the front bellow & the skirts/rear don't look to bad either.

The most important thing to do is fit whatever YOU think looks good as everything else is simply opinion, don't be put off by the ASN paps that slate everything they see for no reason.

Cheers Ewan.

I would say the RS4 one looks good, however that Caractere one doesnt look too bad either.

Im not really keen on the 8P look, however, there is one that I have seen and I have to say that is probably the only decent looking conversion I have seen.

There is a user on here, think his username is Amz, do a quick search, should bring up a full build thread on his car, he has done it in two different colours.

that 1st bumper dont look to sad.... tho i dont think i could ever put it on my car. id rather RS4 tbh.

do what you like tho, its your car.As already said, dont listen to all the muppets on here that dictate what you can and cant do to your own car!

Think I'm going to get an rs4 style, been pondering over this for ages. Been trying to imagine them on my car and think the 8P style might actually look a bit wierd where as I know the rs4 will look good and it's over £100 cheaper.

I think the RS4 for sure, especially framing a FMIC! :icon_thumright:

I personally think 8P bumpers on a 8L looks horrible

I've been thinking of getting an RS4 front bumper too, have heard bad things about their quality though. This would bump up the cost if your getting a body shop to fit it for you!

Im playing with the idea of keeping the standard s3 bumper but having rs4 vents cut in and moulded to suit, what you think?

Can anyone spot the irony?....answers on a postcard, £1 prize

I agree with Dani, if I were to alter my bumper I'd keep the original and have the vents put in the sides like that noggy blue one on here, can't remember his name...that along with a colour coded or blacked grill surround, would look smart...

Well already looked into it and when the car goes into be fixed im getting it done , vents are £70 though so aint cheap.

or use the methodology.... 'would you do it to a Porsche'

my bet is the answer is a resounding 'no'