Electric car polisher

I saw Lidl in the title.

Don't. It won't do anything.

If you want to machine polish, you need a DA polisher. What are you looking to achieve?

^ +1. The DAS6 is a good dual action polisher (DA) at a reasonable price @ £79.95. With this you'll be able to achieve near full paint correction unless wet sanding is needed. Rotary's are cheaper but it takes alot of practice using them on scrap panels to be able to use them your own car, you can cause alot of damage and can cuase massive hollograms! DA's are safe if used properly, just follow this guide http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/images/misc/dapolishing.pdf. Sorry if I went overboard on the info, but I'm soo bored, just had a shoulder op and have nothing better to do.

Neil

Thanks for the tips - not majorily into detailing, was looking for something to take the sweat out of polishing, obv a cheap option. DAS6 looks good but stay in a top floor flat so power cable issue. I'll have a think about it.

Hope the shoulder's getting better!

it would be better than hand polishing , and I would imagine that you would have power cable issues! :)Ha Ha, It could be a good buy for applying Autoglym SRP and other cleansing and filling polishes, for removing swirls with an abrasive polish it wouldn't be great, but for someone who wants to take the shoulder burn out of polishing and get better results, Sounds Ideal for yourself. Don't blame me if you buy one and its rubbish though

There are a couple of very good products for hand polishing, such as Black Hole.

However, from what you have said, how about this; get a detailer round to detail the car, taking it back to great condition. Then, if you're not massively in to spending days on your car, a decent wash technique will keep the car in good shape for ages, as the paint is so hard.

Dont go there ! LOL. Get a Megs G220 DA Polisher, you wont look back ;-)

i agree with dibbs g220 is a good DA polisher. Once you get bit by the detailing bug,you will spend loads :(

You should see some of my Jan bills from I4Detailing. Pretty sure I could have bought a new S3 had I saved it over the last 6 years!

Tell me about it, its pretty addictive. I love it, my neighbours think i am a mental though.

That's what garages are for ;) No one can watch your madness! First weekend after getting my new Porter Cable from the USA, I spent 5 days in the garage with my car.:readit:

As above really Igdos.. You can't go wrong with a DA polisher.

I'm currently getting great results with my trusty PorterCable 7424 and Lusso's Reviatlizing Cream which is a pre-wax cleaner.. See the recent b7 RS4 detail for more info.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the Lidl option....

Jim